We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation help please

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rosebery, Tasmania
3 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation help please

Ok be kind to me - this is my first post.

Travelling to Phuket in late July - looking for suitable accommodation for hubbie & myself. Would like to stay somewhere with fantastic seaviews. We have previously stayed at the Novotel in Patong, and absolutely loved the views - but thought we would stay in a different area this time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation help please

Tropical Garden resort and Andaman Canaccia both have lovely seaviews, but also lots of stairs.

Aspasia has a lovely view as well, and hardly any stairs.

Rosebery, Tasmania
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation help please

Thanks Stevenl - I will take a look at those, Aspasia sounds like a better option.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,252 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation help please

What sort of budget do you want to pay per room per night?

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation help please

Kata Beach Resort is right on the beach with nice views from the deluxe rooms, especially those rooms on the side. Probably not as dramatic a view as the others as it sounds as if they are on cliffs or hills, but hey, no stairs ! Often at bargain prices in low season; one year we paid just over $100 per night for a deluxe room inc. breakfast.

Edited: 7:12 am, January 06, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation help please

If you are looking for fantastic seaviews and not so Patong crazy then take a look at Cape Sienna in Kamala.

Going to Phuket around Jan end and found room rates reasonable ...

Cheers

Shailesh

Rosebery, Tasmania
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation help please

Thanks for the replies - I will take a look at all the suggestions.

Tasgirl

7. Re: Accommodation help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 07, 2011