We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport to kata beach area

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
taxi from airport to kata beach area

How much would a taxi cost toSawasdee village resort kata beach, are they metered ?.Ive been quoted 800 baht from a private firm is this about right.?Thank you

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

If you use one of the metered taxis from the airport you should pay no more than 550baht. But you must go to the metered taxi counter which is on your right as you leave the airport building. There are touts inside and outside of the airport which are more expensive so just ignore them. But for a private transfer 800baht sounds about right

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
655 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

Try contacting Sawasdee Village as they may well do transport to and from the airport at a reduced rate for their guests .

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

You can also get a shuttle type service from the airport , a van that takes 6 or 7 people all going to different points on the way...cost me 150 baht last time to Serene Resort Kata. Just be aware it stops off on the way and Kata is usually the last destination on the drivers list ( Patong first ).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

Hi

I was at Kata Beach in December (not far from Sawasdee) and I hired a private driver who charged me 700 baht each way for a return trip to the airport. This was nice, safe 7 seater van that easily took family of 4 adults with all the luggage.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

The meter taxi will be the cheapest option.

The shuttle service is more expensive than the mentioned 150 Baht these days, and hotels organising transfers always charge a premium.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

True Steven bout the hotels charging a premium, our hotel quoted 1200 bht ,so il stick to the metered taxi, thank you all for your input

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,963 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

We paid 800 for private transfer to Kata

Cheers Rob

Western Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

Wow - where are you guys getting your drivers. I have been quoted by 2 different drivers the amount of 1600THB... feels like Im getting ripped off actually! ( from airport to Kata)

Helsinki
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

I have used this company many times

orientalescape.com/thailand/…index.html

Always worked perfectly.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi from airport to kata beach area

We arrived in Phuket on 11 Feb 2011, and based on TA forums looked for the metered taxi stand and easily found it - ony problem was no taxis for at least 30 minutes!

We eventually took one of the minibuses with others - only cost us 150 baht each, so quite reasonable. The minibuses clearly have their rates per person on display.

Have a great time!