We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

street food

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
street food

Are there street food vendors in the kata beach area. any one hav a favourite?Thank you

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
900 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: street food

There are street vendors all over Thailand.

It is one of the best things about Thailand.

Especially when you have the munchies.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,712 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: street food

Hi

Other than the pancake carts, can't remember seeing any others.

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: street food

We didnt see many in Kata but if you want to try the street food there are more n Patong. Try the banana pancakes . If you want to see a lot of Thai street food make sure and go to the weekend market at Phuket , I think it starts at 4.30pm Saturday and Sunday. Great food and you can pick up some good bargains at the same time. We got a Tuk Tuk from Kata to the market and they wait for you to take you back to Kata.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: street food

How much did it cost for the tuk tuk. I was in Karon last year, and didn't get to Phuket town. I am going again in April, and Phuket town is a must this time.

Cal

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: street food

Many streetfood vendors, also in the street where the Sawasdee Village is located. Just sit outside, can't miss them (or you're welcome to hang out at my shop and wait for them to pass by).

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: street food

Hi

There are plenty of street vendors selling fruit and food in Kata. My favourite is The Pancake Man, The Oyster Man also supplies freshly shucked oysters which are so large that they need to be cut into quarters, my dogs enjoy the sausages and chicken from The Sausage Lady and the ladies next door to us regularly enjoy bugs from The Bug Man.

If you wonder around Koktanod road near The Boathouse and around the corner opposite the street entrance to The Kata Beach Resort you will spot these vendors.

Enjoy!

Chantal.

Tel
Great Yarmouth U.K
Level Contributor
665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: street food

Cal1967

The Tuk tuk cost us 400baht each way.The first time we just did the market trip which was great because the driver waited for us for the return trip.The second time we went into Phuket town in the morning, then went to the market in the evening and the same Tuk tuk driver picked us up at the market and took us back to our hotel. Both times he would not let us pay any money until he had returned us to our hotel. If you go to Phuket town try and have your day planned as you will get lots of private drivers offering to take you to parts of the town at a cheap rate but try to ignore this as they tend to take you to shopping outlets which you dont really want to go to.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: street food

Banana pancakes. Bloody Lovely!!!!!!

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: street food

From Kata and Karon you can get the Blue Baht Bus (cost us 30baht) into Phuket Town.

As for the street food vendors - watch which ones the locals eat from and follow suit. Not only will the food be good but so will the price be.

Agreed - pancakes are a must have (my partner had a nightly ritual of tracking them down for his banana pancakes).

Phuket
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: street food

I love the banana pancakes!!!

Also, for noodles I love the Rad Na and the Pad Thai. If you want to try somethign different Papaya Salad (som tum) is good, just make sure they dont make it too spicy! If you combine that with the BBQ chicken (Gai Yang) and the sticky rice (Caow Niaw) then you are eating true street food from Isaan (north east province of Thailand.

To find the som tum lady look for a giant wooden mortar and pestle. The women are typically famous for having very strong arms from grinding up the papaya salad (som tum) all day.

Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach