We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
794 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Thought I had made up my mind about our hotel in Kata for 4 nights and was going to book the Kata Palm Resort in a Pool Access Room but have been reading the reviews of Metadee Resort and really like the look of it.

My concerns are that some people have said that the Pool Access Rooms (not the villas) are a bit dark and the balconies are too shaded. Can someone who has stayed there recently shed any light (no pun intended) on this please?

Would love any comparisons you have for these two resorts, good and bad. Many thanks, Karen

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Why agonise over your decision ? Split your stay between both hotels. Then you will know.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
794 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Would love to do that but not possible as we have rest of the holiday organised:

4 nights Kata, 4 nights Phi Phi, 10 nights Patong (timeshare) and 10 nights Koh Samui (timeshare) so have to make a decision for Kata - hence my question.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Hi KazAllen,

My partner and I stayed in the pool acess rooms in September and had a ball,yes the balcony is shaded but wasn't too dark for us,it was a welcome relief from the hot sun and just to sit and watch everyone swim by without them seeing us.It was the first time staying in a resort and having the room we had we have booked again for April 2011,all the staff were great nothing was too much trouble.The pool villa rooms have no shade at all.

Hope this was of some help,enjoy where ever you stay.Lynn and Ian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Hi KazAllen,

My partner and I stayed in the pool acess rooms in September and had a ball,yes the balcony is shaded but wasn't too dark for us,it was a welcome relief from the hot sun and just to sit and watch everyone swim by without them seeing us.It was the first time staying in a resort and having the room we had we have booked again for April 2011,all the staff were great nothing was too much trouble.The pool villa rooms have no shade at all.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Hi KazAllen,

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,960 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

My wife & I stayed in a Pool Access room in May 2010 and it was fantastic.Didnt think it was dark at all

Cheers Rob

Edited: 4:01 pm, February 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

It might be too late to reply you here and not sure whether where you spent your holiday last winter. If you read other guests comments of our Pool Access room at Kata Palm Resort, I'm sure you will find a wonderfull time of your holiday with us. Please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Vichai

Bend Oregon
Level Contributor
354 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Was wondering about the "Pool View" rooms at the Metadee, not the "Pool Access" rooms-better on budget but can't seem to find any info of those....thanks

Melbourne
Level Contributor
351 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Hi KazAllen,

Stayed at the Kata Palm from 10 - 18 May and would never stay there again, my review has recently been posted. I would choose the Metadee over Kata Palm Resort any day of the week.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kata Palm or Metadee Resort????

Hi Kaz

the metadee - the structure of the metadee is the main pool with a canal system through the resort, with waterfall etc, they have alot of ferns etc.

we spent most of the time on the deck chairs around the main pool, when sunbaking, we did have the pool access, hence it was easy to slip in.

we stayed at metadee last month - the pool is great and staff excellent

Simple answer - go both resorts