We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Shore

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Shore

Hi all can anyone tell me if the shore hotel(right next to the Kathatani I think)has been completed.We've booked to go there in 3 weeks but just a little concerned that some building work could still be going on even though travel agent says not.Official opening was meant to be today????????

Brisbane Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Shore

Hi cljh88 im due to check in on Sun 22 and when making my reservation i asked teh question of teh resrvation staff as to whether there was any ongoing constructio. The response i got basically said that there was no ongoing works at The Shore but the following was mentioned about an adjoining development site, it hasnt detered me as seems they have taken reasonable measures to ensure minimal impact for guests :

We are writing to inform you about the new development site which is located close to The Shore at Katathani.

What’s it?

- Eleven luxury Seaview Pool Villas is now being built at the left end of Kata Noi beach close to the Shore at Katathani.

What are the impacts on the existing property?

Unaffected areas

- 32 Villas out of 37 will have zero effect from this construction site. The lobby, spa, library, wine cellar and gift shop of The Shore will also not be affected. Furthermore, guests will still be able to enjoy the 6 pools, 6 restaurants, bars and other facilities offered at Katathani.

Affected zone

- As this new site which is located at the left end of the Kata Noi beach, the effect will be fairly minimal and surrounded in one particular area. Five Seaview Pool Villas which are adjacent to the site and the road in front will have direct impact from these works. The main swimming pool and beachfront restaurant, though located in close proximity, will have smaller impact due to its different land contour. However, to minimize the disturbance, we will implement the following measures to control the noise and visual impacts.

Five Seaview Pool Villas which are located next to the construction site will be completely closed from sale.

To minimize the visual disturbance, the area which is connected to the existing resort will be blocked and covered.

A barricade will be set up to prevent people from entering the site.

Security measures will be exercised to attain the maximum safety standards.

Period of construction

- With the daily working hours between 8 am – 5 pm,

Cheers Zuluboi82

Mentioned in this post
The Shore at Katathani
The Shore at Katathani
1,343 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Seaview Patong Hotel
Seaview Patong Hotel
1,797 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Noi Beach
Kata Noi Beach
2,444 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Katathani Phuket Beach...
4,580 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
2. Re: The Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 am, May 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach