We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cocktails in Kata

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
cocktails in Kata

I LOVE to drink cocktails, and like to try all sorts. Where are some good places in Kata to get reasonably priced (in other words, cheap) cocktails.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cocktails in Kata

Hi Cohunagirl -

Do yourself a favour and splurge one night and take yourself to MomTris Boathouse in Kata. Sip on a Mojito or a Cosmo and soak in the Sunset!! It is a truly memorable moment and a personal favourite!!

Cocktails in general are cheap by Aussie standards in most places. We were paying 150baht during happy hour most afternoon / evenings in April this year. At the time that was about $5AUD. This was in and around Patong. Infact it is cheaper to drink cocktails than have a glass of wine!! Discovered some fabulous new mixes. Try a Gin Fizz...........they were fantastically refreshing on those stinking hot nights!!

Enjoy!! Look forward to hearing about what you discover!!

mmij

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cocktails in Kata

Happy Hour at Boat House. I think it is 5.30 to 7pm great drinks, fabulous view

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cocktails in Kata

i will have to try this out lol cocktails cheaper than wine hey sounds like paradise

i am also staying at kata, not till sept tho

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cocktails in Kata

Marley the Kata Beach Resort have some good cocktails as well. You can enjoy cocktails anywhere along that beach front area. CJ

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cocktails in Kata

Thanks everyone. Looks like it's the Boathouse for cocktails to celebrate my birthday!!

Phuket
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cocktails in Kata

Hi Cohunagirl -

Our Boathouse Happy Hour is from 5 - 7 pm in our lounge (not in the restaurant). This time of the year we usually have spectacular sunsets and if you'd come around 6 or earlier you'll catch the best. Showtime finished around 6:40.

Cheers!

Lisa Sol

PR Manager Mom Tri's Boathouse

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cocktails in Kata

Sorry...Did'nt drink any cocktails @ this bar....However,it's location is fabulous....

The Ska Bar....smack bang on the southern end of Kata Beach,tucked away in the corner beneath a huge figlike tree....

A great drinking hole with fabulous reggae atmosphere and friendly nature....!!....

We sipped mocktails(fruit shakes) many nights here....!!

Hi CJ....!!...Are you going to Phuket or vicinity this year....??...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cocktails in Kata

Hi Cocotang,

I LOVE reggae, so there's another night planned!! Thanks.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cocktails in Kata

Cohunagirl, the SKA bar has the most relaxed outlook what ever time of day or night we have visited over the years. Highly recommended.

Hey Cocotang, We have booked Bangkok, Koh Chang, Jomtien & Hua Hin for this December & January & i must say we are looking forward to our holiday. Hopefully we will be back on Phuket June or July 2011 for a week.

Keep fingers crossed. CJ

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cocktails in Kata

Cohunagirl...The Ska Bar is a fabulous way to spend an evening as CJ has also agreed....

To complete a beautiful day,we spent Friday dinners @ The TUBE all-u-can-eat barby on Khokthanod Road Kata and then off to the Ska Bar for drinks and entertainment.....What a fabulous combination....!!!

Wow...CJ...!!...You have a full itinerary this December/January....Fantastic...!!

We are off to Vanuatu for 16 days next Wednesday....We usually like to spend a month in Thailand @ a time but I could not get that much time off....

So,we are hoping as yourself to spend a week in Nai Yang and 3 weeks in Khao Lak next low season 2011....