We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach front resort

Which Kata Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Hammock...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
beach front resort

hi i have been in kata beach resort this year and saw a villa on the beach or a hotel on the end of kata beach direct on the rocky side with private door leading down to the beach which was amazing does anyone know the name ? its on the north end of kata . i need aprtment beachfront or villa . any help? and while we were doing the trips i saw people with long tail boat on the different island how to hire those? its too far from phuket? but its quite nice to have hall day planed as you like ...thanks guys planning also this year december..

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach front resort

i am booked to stay in the kata beach resort and spa later this year. did you like it im hopeing i made the right decicion on hotel Choice

Gulf Hammock...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach front resort

its perfect don't worrry at all its very very good . rent a car or scotor to go around we did not but i regret it its easy and cheaper . they take you to patong 400 batt one way . and go to the resturant on the corner when you get out of the hotel to the right cheap and nice and at lunch i ate hamburger meal with chips and coke for 120 batt . don't eat at hotel.. go out and explore .

Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
2 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach front resort

Hi - actually stayed at Villa Elizabeth and it is located at he end of Kata Beach. Beautiful small sandy cove. The Hotel is small but it is located in a perfect spot. They do have brand new apartments for rent which are spacious. The owners are from Switzerland and their Restaurant is quite famous in Kata. Hope this helps!!

Gulf Hammock...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach front resort

thanks iwas swimming near north and found these beatiful houses . but their pool is very small correct ? what isthe nearsest to beach ? is there a bathway to beach ? do they have 2 bedrooms apart/?

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach front resort

thanks for that makes me happy to know i choose a good hotel, we are staying for 8 nights so deffinatly will do some exploring. i have heard its much cheaper to eat and drink outside the hotel so will have to have a look around cant wait

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach front resort

Yes the pool at Villa Elisabeth is very small and they do have a gate leading down from the villas to the beach, but you have to climb over the rocks to access the water. Alternately you can access the beach from a staircase near their restaurant but not near the units or villas, just the rooms.

It is a lovely place to stay but only has hotel rooms or one bedroom units or one bedroom villas.

It is not a suitable place for small children or people who have mobility issues as there are lots of steps throughout the resort and the night time lighting is poor.

There is nothing on offer for children staying at the resort and with the pool being a similar size to one people have in their backyard, I think they would be rather bored. The barriers on the terraces and balconies could be quite dangerous for young children as the ones we saw are extrememly low.

Michelle

Gulf Hammock...
Level Contributor
279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach front resort

hi thanks alot michelle i only liked the prices because the kata beach resort is very expensive in december and beside a kitchen is a plus where we can cook our own food...

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,926 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach front resort

Hi

Here is a link to their website.

www.phuketvilla-elisabeth.com/home.html

9. Re: beach front resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 05, 2010