We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teeth whitening

Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Teeth whitening

Hi Can you get whitening done in kata ? if so Howmuch? has anyone had it done ?

How long does it take ?

Its about $400.00 here in Australia !!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teeth whitening

Hi

I love this question

I have been into the clinics and inquired in Thailand, but at the end of the day I was not convinced.

Too hard for me, with all that beautiful spicy food.

If you have it done in Thailand, you pretty much can not eat anything with colour for the next 48 hours.

I thought of having it done, just before I left, but with the long flight home, some of the break up of the flight is the meals.

Upon reflection I ahve decided to do it at home and you are right it is $400 at home.

I'm ont my 6th night of trays and poision, I must have really stubborn teeth, cause cannot see anything happening yet and my gums are sore.

Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teeth whitening

OMG Ill Nooooo I love Thai food !!!!

ok maybe on my 4yth visit lol

whats the price difference?

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teeth whitening

Not the right region for it but about the Tiger Temple...

http://www.tigertempletruths.org/

Edwin Wiek has exposed abuse at the TIger Temple and is being sued by the temple. ecologyasia.com/news-archives/2010/feb-10/en…

He has founded a sanctuary for wild animals and I have met him personally and was thoroughly impressed. He told me his tiger temple story. He has also rescued illegibly smuggled oranguatns from zoos etc.

If you ever watch Chimp Eden then this guy is like Eugene.

If you want to read some stories with happy endings then visit his website

http://www.wfft.org/index.html

By the way I would be very very careful letting my children be around wild animals. They are wild. Even at Kok Chang I see parents going up close to the gibbon enclosure (its bigger then cage) and can't figure out where they left their sense.

I have also heard of another girl being bitten by a dog at the Big Buddha.

western australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teeth whitening

Hi

My Husband and I had our teeth cleaned and whitened for around $500 for the both of us. The result was really good but my husband said it was quite painful and complained for the next 2 days. I had no pain at all really. Am dying to say something here but will refrain... It did take a lot longer than I thought . Especially seeing as I had drunk 2 Sprites before I went in... About 1.5 to 2 hours from memory. We went to "Sea Smile" which is directly opposite Cristian Massage - the big pink building on Rat u Thit Rd

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teeth whitening

Hi Marley, you mentioned poison so I just thought I'd add to that. My husband now has receeding gums from whitening treatments. Teeth are bones and as such are bone coloured. I just couldn't convince him prior as to how dangerous it was. Now he believes me - too late though for him! Also remember that the skin is an organ - the largest organ of elimination and that what you apply to the skin penetrates into your blood stream from applying to the skin. Think hormone patches, you apply and it penetrates right. The membranes in your mouth are easier to penetrate than the skin on your body. Just some food for thought!

6. Re: Teeth whitening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach