We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata-April 16th 2010

scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Kata-April 16th 2010

Hey!

My boyfriend and I are due to arrive in Phuket on sat 16th April for nine nights. Ive never been to Thailand before and I really cannot wait. This website has been so helpful and everyones posts are so interesting to read!

We will be staying at Peach Hill Hotel and after flying from London are due to arrive at 9am in the morning so im d=sure we will probably sleep the first day.

Could anyone recommend a nearby restaurant for that night thats good? And we would probably like to go out for a few drinks afterwards. Although we are in our early 20s, we avoided the patong area as it doesnt appeal to us, however we still do enjoy going out and meeting other people.....anywhere someone could recommend?

Thanks!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
174 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata-April 16th 2010

there are so many to choose from and it depends on your taste. If you want good cheap thai food , go down to the beach turn left and walk until you come to the beachside restaurants in the corner..pick anyone , you will be guaranteed good clean honest thai food ! We eat there all the time and cant fault it.

newcastle
Level Contributor
215 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata-April 16th 2010

hi there my daughter and her pal are going on the 5th april to kata never been before having a couple of days phi phi then back to bangkok on the 15th april they too are very excited and we have had some great tips and help in this forum its brilliant

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,664 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata-April 16th 2010

Hi

The Peach Hill is right between Karon and Kata, so you will be spoilt for choice of restaurants not far from your hotel. Just pick what appeals, you will have so many to pick from..

The beachside restaurants, like Kata Seafood mentioned previously, is the far south of Kata beach, about a 1.5km walk from your hotel. Lovely walk, and worth the trip!

As far as hitting the sack when you get into Phuket, can I recommend that you stay up as long as you can. From years of travelling to SE Asia and Australia, the best thing to do is not to stop and rest, but let the adrenalin from being in the new place keep going. Your body will adjust to the new time zone much quicker. Drink lots of water / fluid. We have landed in SE Asia at 5am after 3 connecting flights totally 14hours and kept going until 9pm, then a good night sleep and we only took a day or so to adjust, instead of the hour a day (1 day to adjust 1 hour of time difference). Now we try to arrive in the evening.

Have a great time and enjoy.

scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata-April 16th 2010

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts!

5. Re: Kata-April 16th 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kata Beach