We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November visit

Monrovia, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
November visit

My husband, sister & I will be visiting Phuket the week before Thanksgiving in November. Having never traveled to Thailand, we are overwhelmed with the choices of where to stay. While we like the resort feel, our budget limits us from spending $500 a night for a room. In addition, we prefer to be in a quiet, relaxing place on the beach, but want the benefit of being close enough to shopping and restaurants in order to get the feel for the local flair. I'm pretty sure Patong would not be our first choice. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November visit

Hi Monrovia

I think Kata or Karon might be more your bag. Have a look at Boomerang Cottages in Kata they look fab and get excellent reviews ( real thai feel) and really good value. Other ones to look at as I don`t know your taste would be Pacific Club Karon, Centara villas or Centara Karon, Andaman Seaview Karon (delux room is like a suite). If you like modern contemporary try Sugar Palm Karon or Sugarpalm Kata. I would gravitate to the Boomerang as the cottages have a really funky feel while retaining their exotic thai flavour.

Try looking at a few of the websites, hotels2thailand.com, phuket.com, agoda.com, sawadee.com and asiarooms.com. Do a shortlist and check prices on all the sites including the hotels own site. But remember to check the reviews for your choice on here to make a good decision.

If you wat mor detailed advice let us know your price range and the sort of hotel you are after (ie; thai theme or modern intl theme) also what distance from the beach would be acceptable (5-10 min walk etc;). Prices in November are very high as it is considered high season so there won`t be that many deals about but you can still get a really nice hotel if you research well.

Also, you don`t mention how long you are staying? if its for 7 days or more you could possibly book to stay in two different areas and get a different feel from each location (a lot of people do this). The last thing is are you going to be booking separate rooms or all staying together? if separate it would be useful to know the budget per night for each room (not many or much discounts for singles i`m afraid) some hotels do two bed suites and won`t break the bank (Pacific Club Karon does these and are owned by an American guy called Eric, great reviews.)

Well if I can help any further let me know!

Kind regards.

Joan

PS. excuse any typos!! I`m not really illiterate!

melbourne
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November visit

Hello

Graceland in patong would be good it is across from the beach its back of the street a liitle its in patong but at the end of beach road,you can walk to the markets and shops as well as bangla road. and it has 3 great pools.that is our choice for next year as we normaly stay in the heart of patong but a little over it all now

cheers dar

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,624 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November visit

Hi Donna - what is your budget? I agree that Kata or Karon sounds like a good bet for you. You say you like the resort feel - does that mean you prefer larger hotels to boutique type? A few mopre details about what you want to spend and what you like will get a better response.

Shepparton
Level Contributor
126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November visit

hey donna. My wife nand i are going to be in Phuket in Nov. Whilst it is the first time for us, go with the website. I booked at the pacific club because it was ranked number one. I keep reading the forums and as yet havnt read a bad one.

You still have some time but i read what others say and go from there. If u go ahead we will see ya there.

Good luck

Duane

Monrovia, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November visit

Thanks so much for the detailed response. We will only be staying for 3 nights and would like to be on the beach, if possible. We are open to all staying in the same room, but a 2 room suite would be nice if it's not too expensive. We would like to stay under $150 a night, but I'm not sure that will be possible considering it's high season.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November visit

Hi Donna

Have a look at the Karon Beach Resort and the Kata Beach Resort both are directly on the beach have good reviews and very nice rooms and also within the $150 budget Or there is alsways Gracelands as Dar suggested.

7. Re: November visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, February 21, 2010