We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a ferry that runs from malekula to Santo?

Perth, WA
2 posts
Save Topic
is there a ferry that runs from malekula to Santo?

I was hoping to travel from Malekula to Santo by ferry, a friend did the journey and speaks well of it! but I can't find any information at all on the route - or whether any ships actually still run it. Neither Fresh Cargo nor MV Havannah responded to my emails.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a ferry that runs from malekula to Santo?

A comfortable passenger-only boat servicing Malekula (Lislits, near Lakatoro) weekly is Fresh Cargo which is a fast catamaran seating around 60 passengers. Contact Fresh Cargo on telephone +678 22660 for more information. Another company that ships cargo and passengers between Vila and Luganville via Malekula is Compagnie Transport Maritime’s MV Havannah. This is undoubtedly the best ship around but its infrequently in Vanuatu.

Perth, WA
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a ferry that runs from malekula to Santo?

Many thanks! Do you know what days the ferry runs to Santo - or, indeed, if it is regular / reliable?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a ferry that runs from malekula to Santo?

Sorry don't know what days it runs as this can change depending on a number of factors. As to their reliability, like most things in Vanuatu schedules are subject to change.

4. Re: is there a ferry that runs from malekula to Santo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Luganville