We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport

Tallinn
3 posts
Save Topic
transport

What kind of transport I can use from the airport to the hotel Costa Real Suites? Is it expensive? Can I use a bus?

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport

The regular busses that you find at the airport bring you up 40 kilometers to Caracas. I don't know of any airport buses that go along the coast to the east (La Guaira) where the Costa Real is. The Costa Real is as far away from the airport as Caracas is, but along the coast (Caracas is over the mountains). I suggest you take an official airport taxi. It will be around $40. You can of course leave the airport and walk up about a kilometer to the highway, stand at the bus stop in front of the Barrio Aeropuerto (a slum area) and just catch a bus going to Caraballeda (La Guaira) but it's not worth the risk. Standing with backpacks in front of a barrio (slum) is making yourself eaaasy prey to thieves. Like I always say, the most delicate moments of travel is THE ARRIVAL and THE FIRST NIGHT. That's where I always spend more, but it determines the rest of your trip. Take the cab. Save money on other things, but not on your arrival.

2. Re: transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about La Guaira
Recent Conversations