We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

Ripon, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

Hi,

We are a group of 6 girls who will be staying in Puerto Banus for 4 nights from 5th September and just wondered if anyone could recommend any reasonable/cheap bars or clubs to go to? We started to get a bit worried as a lot of people said how expensive it was but I think that was mainly on the front? Just wondered if there would be even any cheesy karaoke bars or happy hours near by just to keep the cost down on a couple of nights? Also we are going self catering so if anyone knows of any good supermarkets to try that would be a big help!

Thanks,

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
Marbella, Spain
The Wine Gallery
Wine Tours & Tastings , Wine Bars
Bijoux Banus
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

Twigs:

El Corte Ingles has a very large supermarket. All the bars and clubs in Puerto Banus are expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
Marbella, Spain
Ripon, North...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

Oh really? As we had read up and a few people were saying that if you head to the bars a couple of streets back from the front they are reasonable?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

I just added some links on to the thread below that might help:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k67…

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

Hi there,

it is true that the farther you go from the port front, the less expensive prices go.

However, "expensive" is a rather subjective term, and I for one find central London much more expensive than Puerto Banús, where a spirit and mixer in an average bar such as Seven may cost around 9-10 euros depending on the brand. And I certainly found Ibiza expensive as hell when I was there last weekend and my wife and myself were charged 20 euros each for a gin and tonic.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

We went to Cannes last year and everyone said the same there , but it really wast that bad , have a few drinks before you head out, we are also going in August but stopping in marbella instead so will only go for one night to PB? Enjoy, and don't let it spoil your holiday, just make the most of it, do some posh ones and some not so, it also depends on what you drink, I just asked every time I orderd so I didn't pay over the odds!

Mentioned in this post
Cannes
Cannes
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

Linekers & Port Side is probably your best bet for reasonably priced drinks before you hit the likes of Tibu, Pangea etc. Although we didn't even find their prices so bad as we prepared ourselves for a big expense. Came home with euros so always a bonus! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Pangea
Pangea
121 Reviews
Marbella, Spain
Ulverston, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

I have been many times to PB and am off again next week! It's not as expensive as everyone makes out yes if you drink cocktails and vodka red bulls it is but I tend to drink before I head out, drink in the supermarket is so cheap 3 euros for a bottle of wine and about 8 euro for a bottle of vodka! My 2 favourite bars are La Sala just out of the port about 4 euro or less in a taxi or a 10 min walk! And Sinatras right in the port here a bottle of wine is about 15 euro and a bottle of San Miguel is about 3 euro which is cheaper than the UK!!

Been a group of girls all the promoters will be grabbing you and offering free drinks!! There is a bar on the second strip that does drink as much as you want in an hour for about 15 euros each I've not been there but seen the promoters for it!! Just make sure by the time you hot a club your drunk or have met a group of lads ha ha!!

Mentioned in this post
La Sala
La Sala
1,688 Reviews
Puerto Banus, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

If you keep to lane behind port a lot cheaper for you or go just outside of port area for foof drinks etc

9. Re: Puerto Banus Nightlife / Clubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 08, 2015