We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Peterhof alone?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Peterhof alone?

Hello,

I will be in St Petersburg in July this year, and definitely want to visit the Peterhof palace and gardens. I am not part of a cruise, so no tour group. I can read and speak Russian at a beginner level. As a single, do I need a local guide to avoid the long lines? I'd love to try managing on my own and interact with the locals, but if the lines will be long for those without guides or tour groups, what should I expect? Help and advice from the locals on this forum are greatly appreciated!

Mike

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Peterhof alone?

be ready for queueing up a bit, lot of Chinese....to get there the fastest + cheapest is elektritschka from Batlijski station, around 35 minutes. Direction Oranienbaum.

Mentioned in this post
Oranienbaum
Oranienbaum
111 Reviews
Lomonosov, Russia
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
810 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Peterhof alone?

The fastest and the most pleasant is hydrofoil boat on the way to Peterhof. A return ticket is worth buying. The pier is by Winter palace on Palace emb. The boats go from 10a.m till 5.30p.m. You can buy a ticket to the Lower garden on the pier as soon as you come to Peterhof. Walk along Grand Canal up to the Grand Palace. Ticket office is a little bit to the left of museum entrance. Yes, the lines are long in high season but your Russian speaking skills will help you to navigate there. Enjoy your tour!

Mentioned in this post
Peterhof Grand Palace
Peterhof Grand Palace
9,268 Reviews
Peterhof, Russia
3. Re: Visiting Peterhof alone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, September 02, 2015