We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Himalayan Planet

Nottingham, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Himalayan Planet

I'm thinking of booking my EBC trek with these guys as I really want to bypass the western booking vompanys and keep the money in Nepal.

Any reviews, anybody used them?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Himalayan Planet

Never used them and never heard of them (we use someone else)...but that isn't very strange. There are more than 1000 trekkings agencies in Nepal. Some of them are good and some are not that good. But you will never know until it is to late, unless you do good research (mail, call, meet your guide before passing any money).

Try to contact them, ask for itinerary, prices and conditions! The prices they state on their website sounds a little expenssive to me.

And do contact some other agencies too, so you have something to compare with.

Nottingham, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Himalayan Planet

I know what you mean about the prices but its an 18 day trek as opposed to the 15 days of most of the others and I would rather take longer going up.

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Himalayan Planet

The trek itself is just 16 days, the rest is sightseeing- and leissure days in Kathmandu. Anyway, if you are satisfied with the itinerary and the price, then I guess it is just a matter of human chemistry.....;-)

4. Re: Himalayan Planet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:06 pm, April 04, 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Himalayan Planet

I have booked with them and will be starting my trek this Sunday. In my research and comunications with them they have been highly professional. They have quickly answered the 5,000 questions that I have sent them over the last 10 months. I am looking forward to meeting Rishi and his staff.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Himalayan Planet

I have returned from my trek with them, had a wonderful time, feel free to PM me.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Himalayan Planet

Thank you for your information Rick and congratulation that you had a great time in Nepal and you didn't have any problem before and while trekking.

Well,

Tanuki here you have the recommendation and wish you a great time in Nepal.

Bhuwan

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Himalayan Planet

Pleased to hear that a traveler returned with nice experiences from Nepal!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Himalayan Planet

Just returned from a Langtang Trek with them. Have to say: Fantastic! Reliable, courteous, just worth this little more money they cost compared to others.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
153 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Himalayan Planet

I agree, they are a wonderful group of guys. Highly recommend them.

Reply to: Himalayan Planet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted