We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandos Standard rooms

Which Bandos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bandos Standard rooms

Hi guys

has anyone been to bandos island in maldives in the standard rooms? any idea if you have a beach view or not? if so which rooms are those?

im abit worried that these rooms may not have beach views when i end up there..i would appreciate if let me know what was your experience with these types of rooms..my wife would like to have a beach view and im not sure if this is possible in the standard room..

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bandos Standard rooms

Hi

No personal experience but according to the Bandos website, the Standard rooms are beach front but "some rooms may have limited sea view due to vegetation".

bandosmaldives.com/accommodation/…

OD

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bandos Standard rooms

stayed there two years ago. Had previously stayed in a deluxe but as it was only for three days had a standard room. Personally hated it - too dark and a bit shabby. Certainly all the ones in the row that we were in had no view of the sea as there is too much vegetation. Even when we were on the other side of the island in a deluxe there was no sea view as too many trees.

As far as I can recall most of Bandos has rooms set back a little from the beach and it has a lot of trees all around so you may not get a beach view anyway

Lesley

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bandos Standard rooms

Hi,

We stayed at Bandos Jan 2011 in 2 different standard rooms. Have to say that the standard and room size was excellent. Many rooms (whether standard or delux) do not have sea views at all due to the vegetation, but some of the standard rooms do (we stayed in one!). We cannot accurately recall our room number with the sea view but think it may have been 231 or 232.

Hope this helps.

Cairo, Egypt
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bandos Standard rooms

Thanks for your comments!!

5. Re: Bandos Standard rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 16, 2012