We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo/Female in bandos

Which Bandos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
5 posts
Save Topic
Solo/Female in bandos

Hey i am traveling solo(female) to Bandos Island resort end of august 2010. could you please advise on the following..

Is the resort right choise for solo/female? I heard that its good for family and kids..

Since august is Ramadan seasons, waht are the Ramadan rules?Restaurants will be open?What about the dress code?

Any other advise?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo/Female in bandos

Hi TG

Doesn't really matter which island you go to - you'll be fine as a solo female. You'll probably meet up with others in the same position but if not there will be plenty of people to talk to. With regards to Ramadan. This has little impact on the resort islands other than possibly an alteration in meal times to take account of observance of religious obligations. Alcohol will still be available and you'll still get three meals a day. Likewise, dress code won't be affected either. However, if you do visit a local island or Male itself you are asked to wear more modest attire ie cover the shoulders and thighs.

Other advice - take small denomination $US for tips and plenty of sunscreen. Things are very expensive to buy on the resort islands.

Have a fabulous holiday!

SL

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo/Female in bandos

Hi

Solo female appears to have become twins!!

Regards

Doug

Dubai, United Arab...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo/Female in bandos

Thanks SunLover, you really help.

One question though,is there live entertainment/ a band playing during Ramadan?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo/Female in bandos

Hi TG

Good question and one to which I don't know a definitive answer. I can't imagine that entertainment will be affected - they care too much about the almighty dollar, and won't want to risk people not coming on holiday! In fact thinking about it, I'm virtually certain that life will go on as normal.

Regards

SL

5. Re: Solo/Female in bandos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2011