We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bintulu to Niah, Miri and then Brunei

In cooperation with: Sarawak Tourism Board
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bintulu to Niah, Miri and then Brunei

I will spend one night in Bintulu and the following morning would like to see Niah Caves and then move on to Brunei through Miri.

Planning to take a MTC bus towards Miri, getting off in Niah. Taxi to the caves and back to Niah.

Now is there a direct bus later in the afternoon from Niah to Brunei or should I first find a bus too Miri and then a second bus to Brunei? What would be the best option to get from Niah to Brunei? Thanks all.

3 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bintulu to Niah, Miri and then Brunei

When I made the journey from Miri to Brunei, i couldnt find a bus to get me there. Now, I've heard that there's a bus service between Miri and Brunei that runs twice a day - morning and afternoon. So you might have to get to Miri first and then the bus to Brunei.

The info on the bus service was provided by someone in Brunei forum - think the bus company is called phls express.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bintulu to Niah, Miri and then Brunei

Your bus from Bintulu will stop at Niah 'junction' - a rest stop area. You will need to catch an early morning bus as (if I remember it correctly) it is about 3.5 hours to Niah 'juntion'.

From here you need to get to Niah village (local bus or taxi). From the village you can either take a boat or taxi to park HQ.

You would need to return via the same route to Niah 'junction' where there are frequent buses to Miri.

From the junction it is about 1 hour to Miri bus station - then 10/15 minutes into town.

NEXT day - you can get a bus to the border or (if they are still running) to BSB (Brunei)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/SearchForums?ff=9317&geo=298308&scope=2&q=miri+to+brunei+by+bus&s=+&x=18&y=9

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bintulu to Niah, Miri and then Brunei

Thanks. Yeah, youre right that I probably wont make it all in one day. Probably best to skip Bintulu (Coming from Sibu) and spend 2 nights in Miri. Do the Niah caves trip in a day and then next morning move on to Brunei.

I found also another bus company besides PHLS that runs Miri-BSB. Its EVA Express and leaves Miri 8am.

Reply to: Bintulu to Niah, Miri and then Brunei
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bintulu
More Bintulu Topics