We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nadym travel agencies?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Nadym travel agencies?

Do you possibly have the details of any travel agents based in Nadym ?

31 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

To do what? to go out of Nadym or to go there? It is a resticted area for foreigners...

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

To go there. I didn't know it was a restricted area for foreigners, why is that? what is there that the authorities don't want foreigners to see ? I see plenty of photos of the city, it just looks like a normal siberian city . Thanks for any info on the place Vasily.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

A lot of cities in Russia are what are known as closed cities, permits are required if you want to visit them. The reason being they are either important to Russia's nuclear industry or for Russian military. Some are even said to be hidden and don't appear on maps, you won't find Perm on any old Soviet maps for example because it used to be one of these hidden cities.

I not aware of Nadym being one of these places though.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

Mmhh...Interesting ! Vasily seems to think it is 'restricted'. I have a lady friend there but she didn't indicate any knowledge of restrictions for visits.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

> I have a lady friend there...

Please excuse my curiosity, but is it a proven real lady or rather someone you met in the internet who almost immediately fell in love with you?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

Always the suspicious one Marassa

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

> Always the suspicious one Marassa

Well, if I had a lady friend somewhere in Buttfreak, Egypt and wanted to visit, first thing I would ask _her_ about how to get there and stuff. If she wouldn't discuss it I would definitely suspect she's not actually there or maybe she's not even a she...

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

Well he doesn't need to use a travel agent there for him to visit the place and I would guess the friend would be able to say about local travel agents.

If he has his doubts about her there are ways of finding out if she really lives there.

Dresden, Germany
Level Contributor
162 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

Nadym is a part of "pogranzona" (border area) that is restricted for foreigners and even for Russians. To go there, you have to get a special permission issued by the Border Service of Russia and, of course, you have to give a valid reason for your visit (the word "tourism" may not work, at least for Nadym which is not a tourist destination). For Russian citizens, the processing of application takes about 1 month. I don't know about the foreigners, but I guess it is even more problematic.

Altogether, getting there is a hassle. Do you still think it is worth the effort? There are other tundra places to visit.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nadym travel agencies?

Why hassle getting to Nadym? Several daily flights to Novyu Urengoi, and then taxi... But again, gasmen town in one of the worst climates of the world, with nothing to see hmmm... Althoug, if your friend lives there, she surely knows about the entrance limitations, and will tell you what do you need to get there.

Reply to: Nadym travel agencies?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nadym
Recent Conversations