We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of great restaurant in La Cave, Lot Valley France

Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Name of great restaurant in La Cave, Lot Valley France

Hi from Australia

We took a trip through the Dordogne a couple of years ago and stayed at Chateau de la Treyne on the Dordogne River in the Lot Valley.

We went towards the little town of La Cave nearby and ate at a casual restaurant that had an outdoor section as well, and the food and champagne were magnificent.

Can anyone help me with the name of this restaurant?

Thanks so much.

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of great restaurant in La Cave, Lot Valley France

I suggest that you post this question in the Dordogne Valley forum.

Dordorgne is not in the Centre region of France. I don't understand how a forum for La Cave has become attached to the Centre forum. It seems like a TA error to me, so I will report this post in the hope that TA will sort it out.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,183 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of great restaurant in La Cave, Lot Valley France

I agree, SunLover -- La Cave is a LONG way from the Centre!

Jan, go to www.pagesjaunes.fr

Enter "restaurant" in the left-hand box, and 46 (for the Lot) in the right-hand box.

When it reloads, click on "affiner le recherche" ... par localite. You'll get a drop-down box - scroll down and click on the box for La Cave.

There are 5 restaurants listed...not sure which one you're referring to. (I know which one you're talking about, sits across from the entrance to the grotte, right under the cliff -- but I don't know the name.)

3. Re: Name of great restaurant in La Cave, Lot Valley France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about La Cave