We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thermal Waters

Which Rennes-les-Bains hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Thermal Waters

I have heard that the water is contaminated and that the pool and the natural bathing places have been closed.

When I was there in 2000 I really enjoyed the pool and I was looking forward to it this time, too.

If anyone knows the current status, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,062 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thermal Waters

It was closed for 3 years and reopened in June 2010. As far as I know, it is still open. Maybe you can contact them : http://www.renneslesbains.org/

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thermal Waters

Thanks. I had checked the web site, but there was almost nothing about the pool.

Woking
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thermal Waters

Hi

We are staying near Rennes les Bains at the moment and the information from local people is that the thermal baths were closed as they were having trouble with travellers who were becoming too numerous and troublesome. There is still a hot spring which comes out of the wall by the river, near the swimming pool, but you have to get there before 6am to have a go!

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
295 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thermal Waters

I was at and in the baths two weeks ago. They were closed on Monday, August 1 for cleaning, but open again by the time I went on Wednesday, after hiking at Pech Bugarach.

They seemed to be limiting the number of people allowed in at any time, but I went about an hour before closing, so it was not too crowded. Apparently there are new owners.

The hot spring coming out of the wall by the river looked like it would be fun, but it was absolutely packed with people.

Reply to: Thermal Waters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rennes-les-Bains
Recent Conversations