We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Mirage Hotel Casamicciola

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Buses to Mirage Hotel Casamicciola

We are travelling to Ischia in May. Will be arriving at Ischia Porto by hydrofoil/ferry from Sorrento and staying at the Mirage Hotel - which apparently is between Ischia Porto and the port a Casamicciola. I understand that there is a very good bus service. According to the information I understand that there is a bus stop very close to the hotel. Can anyone please tell me which bus would go from Ischia Porto to the Mirage Hotel. Many thanks.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to Mirage Hotel Casamicciola

Bus line "CS". About every half hour from Ischia Porto. But your hotel is not far from the ferry terminal so if you have luggage or if there are a number of you, a taxi would be quite cheap.

Mamaroneck, New York
Level Contributor
175 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to Mirage Hotel Casamicciola

Warning while on Ischia....if you ride the buses, make sure you punch your ticket onboard. There are under cover bus monitors who will fine you on the spot and walk you to an ATM to make you pay the fine. Many people buy one ticket and try to ride all day for free. Tourists, on the other hand, buy the ticket and then don't know about punching it in the machine and are nabbed!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to Mirage Hotel Casamicciola

You've a slightly wider choice of buses: any of the 1, 2, 3 will drop you off nearby - in addition to that CS.... but in crossing into Casamicciola, as you'll do for the Mirage, a taxi is likely to cost €15.

Looks to me as though that hotel has recently had a minimalist rebranding - with the website now redirecting to one for the Hotel Myage?

Not the first such thing we've seen here - memorably, the Osteria del Porto (port) turned very economically into the del Porco (pork), with a cuisine swap from fish to meat!

Probably fine, but just perhaps worth confirming they've a note of your booking? No answer to the phone when I called, so will try again later... though they're likely to be closed up for the winter...

Peter

PS - The buses here work the same way as in all Italian cities we've visited - and tickets do indeed have to be validated properly.

For more on that, and details of the fines, see:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/beginisc

4. Re: Buses to Mirage Hotel Casamicciola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ischia Porto