We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2012

Which Soriano nel Cimino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Christmas 2012

Hi, we are due to arrive late afternoon Christmas eve for two weeks having never visited Italy before! Can anyone recogmend where we can shop for the Christmas period or recogmend a restaurant for Christmas day? It is making us wonder if we should try driving from the uk to bring food with us rather than fly,

Any help or advice gratefully received

3 replies to this topic
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2012

What kind of "shop[ping] for Christmas period" do you mean?

There aren't many restaurants in the town so I would contact the place you are staying at to see which are open that day. I've been to that town twice and I like al Tre Scalini a lot. I would go there if open.

Do you intend to rent a car while in town?

Leeds, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2012

Thanks for your reply, it is food shopping I am concerned about with us arriving just prior to the bank holidays, initially we were going to fly and hire a car but now considering driving from the uk so we can bring more with us! Any info would be great!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas 2012

You might want to check with the place where you are staying to see what they think will be closed that week and what will be open. I really doubt they call them "bank holidays" though.

Christmas is on a Tuesday this year. The day after is St. Stephen´s Day which is a national holiday apparently.

Reply to: Christmas 2012
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Soriano nel Cimino