We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Renata villa in Soriano

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Renata villa in Soriano

Hi

Hoping that some kind people on here may be able to help me with my many questions please.

I have booked Casa Renata villa for this Summer, and wondered if anyone on this board knows of it, and could give me any extra info?

Also, I plan to hire a car - how easy/ difficult is it to get around by car in the Soraino/ Viterbo area?

We plan to go Rome and possibly Florence by train - does aqnyone have any suggestions as to the best rail staion to go from? Is there anywhere to park at the stations, and will we have to pay for parking?

Any other help/ advice would also be most warmly welcomed! Many thanks.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Renata villa in Soriano

We will be staying at another location in Soriano and had very similar questions to those that you posted.

Please look through some of the other forum posts and you may be able to find some of the details about the trains and rental cars.

I have learned (I hope that others will correct me if I am wrong) that there is NOT a train that is direct to Sorinao. However, there were bus routes and recommendations for those details.

We will also be coming from Florence and then going to Rome. We hope to have a rental car during our stay in Soriano and NOT in the larger cities where parking and driving is a major problem. From the Florence forum we are considering renting a car from the airport area there. And, we will drive to Soriano. However, please look at the posts on the Soriano forum --I'm sure that there are local options. We are still working on the details of rental return either as you mention in Viterbo or another area so that we may take the train to Rome.

The other forums (Rome and Florence) also have posts about the parking of vehichles outside of the city. Check those out too!

I'll keep a watch on your post to see what other information folks share!

Enjoy!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Renata villa in Soriano

I see that you visited Casa Renata this summer, any comments or advice re the accommodation and the area would be most appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Renata villa in Soriano

The villa is beautiful - very well equipped - very comfortable. The pool and gardens were wonderful. A lov ely touch was the welcome basket of food, including a bottle of olive oil from the olivce trees in the garden!

The view from the outdoor dining area is stunning - you look over to the castle - beautifull when lit up at night.

There is plenty to do in the area, though Soriano itself is very small. The house is on quite a busy road - though traffic noise was not a problem, we didnt feel it would have been safe to walk into the village. This is no problem if you hire a car as there are several supermarkets nearby.

4. Re: Casa Renata villa in Soriano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Soriano nel Cimino