We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Which Soriano nel Cimino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

We are excited about a week stay in Soriano nel Cimino (early September 2010). And, we would love ANY information about this area and the surrounding area...

Please share experiences and suggestions.

Thank you!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Once again, thank you to all that provided so many wonderful details and information for our stay and travels to and from Soriano.

Soon I hope to compose a draft of our plans for our time in Florence and Soriano with hopes that those day trips best done from one area or other (or on the way to Soriano) can be sorted out for us!

Thank you again!

Dee

Woodstock, Georgia
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Hello,

My husband and I are arriving on Sat June 12th. From reading the forums it seems that most things in town will be closed on Sunday. Any suggestions for things to do on Sunday? Thanks.

-Lara-

North Carolina
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

I hope to hear about your experiences!

Dee

Pennsylvania
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Hey Dee.....If you've never traveled to Europe and need basic information about everything from "Getting started, money, packing, travel savvy, etc.'' pick up the latest Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2010. I found one in our local library and reading in from front to back and finding it chock full of ideas, humor, and helpful tidbits.

We are interested in taking day trips from Soriano. Somewhere along the way I came across a travel agent/tours group, in Soriano, that just may be cheaper than renting a car. Maybe sharing a car to take the leisurely drive through Tuscany/Umbria would interest you?

I also found that in one of the neighboring towns...could be Orte, there will be a festival on the Sunday of your arrival. We plan on checking that out....do as locals do is the best way to see Italy.

Ironically,

Dee

Pennsylvania
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

I was incorrect on the town festival. It is in Viterbo...see link.

translate.google.com/translate…

Pennsylvania
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Have you seen this website?

discoversoriano.com/festivals/october/sorian…

Pennsylvania
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Yet another.

www.initaly.com

North Carolina
Level Contributor
240 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

Hello Dee in PA,

That is interesting!

We have "hired" a car from Florence and will make the drive to Soriano with a car for the week. Orte is the town that others have indicated has an Avis rental location near Soriano.

We are making a general list of places that others have mentioned as good places to visit for day trips and hope to be able to pick and select according to the day and events in the various locations... as well as enjoy some relaxation too!

Thank you for the links too!

We are trying to pack light - reading up on that as well. And, realize that i can not pack every travel book that I've purchased either!

I do believe that we will meet up during our vacations! That is also interesting!

Dee Sails

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

So, Dee, what was the end result of your day trips? Any "must sees"? Any "wish I saws"?

20. Re: Suggestions for day trips from Soriano nel Cimino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 10, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Soriano nel Cimino