We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe running

london
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
safe running

Hi guys

Will it be fairly safe for me to run outside of the Breezes Jibacoa resort on my own? Obviously I wouldn't be running after dark, more like 8/9am each morning

thanks!

x

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: safe running

If you are up early enough you rarely even see many people. I've run at CVJ for four years and have never been asked for anything. Walking I always see the woman down past the Brisas road who always has a young guy who speaks English ask me for stuff for her kids. There is also a woman with a note written in English that hangs around the turn-off to the Brisas.

A polite no always works great.

london
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: safe running

once they've encountered my "running face" they probably won't want to speak to me anymore (think very angry lobster!)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: safe running

As far as being bugged for things off the resort, I used to stop and listen to the usual talk:

"Hello My fren, where are you from? Canada? I have many friends there, What have you brought for the Cuban people?" and so on.

Now I have to say that I recognize a lot of the usual suspects and ignore them completely. This usually only happens right outside the entrance of the two hotels.

14. Re: safe running

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte