We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

So, we've made the decision to travel this November to Jibacoa and have been thinking of booking the Villas Jibacoa. I've been watching prices on both Breezes and Villas and have noticed that the BJ is within $100ea of the VJ. (flying out of Toronto)

In my research, I've come to understand that while bigger, the BJ has more going for it.....correct me or enlighten me please. I understand that the food selection and quality is better at BJ as well. Another thing I've noticed is that the BJ includes one free scuba dive for certified divers, which I am. While we don't require gourmet food, if the price is that close and I'm getting more for my money, I may go with the BJ. I know we'd be perfectly happy at VJ and the grounds look beautiful.

Please help me with my choice. For the little difference, which would you choose?

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

If the price difference is that close, go for BJ. Especially as you are a diver. More food choices for sure, and you can walk and snorkel the whole beach anyhow. I go to Villas as usually there is a fair price difference, especially for a single, and also I am a multi repeater there, but BJ was fine when I stayed there, and likely a better choice for you. :-)

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

maybe for 1 week little difference but we'd rather have 2 at jobacoa which is why we do the villas. they had an inexpensive 9 day available but the price has gone up. lol. still it takes us golden oldies a few days to wake up from ealry flites. lol. carol e.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

You might want to take a look at this thread regarding the dive centre at BJ.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1199960-i12742-k54…

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

Might be a thought to email the hotel and clarify the current situation, re: diving.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

Even if the price was $200 more I would choose BJ.

JMHO

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

Agreed with everyone. That's a no brainer to me, go with Breezes Jibacoa. Nothing against Villas Jibacoa but the two don't compare. Villas is a good economy option but for such a small price difference I wouldn't even think twice about Breezes.

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

Are you sure the BJ price is for the same duration as the CVJ price? That small a difference is surprising.

burlington
Level Contributor
202 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

WOW! That's a GREAT deal. Definitely worth the extra. I'd pay 400 more for BJ. But I love the place.

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

Thanks for all the replies and insight! Much appreciated! :)

You've certainly given me a lot to think about.

MicheleBe...thx for the link, I have read that one. =)

eeeefarm.... I think an email would be a good idea for me to do as the free dive is one of the reason I'm thinking of BJ but it's not a deal breaker. =)

drgdrg....yep, I'm sure...in actual fact (flying out of Toronto is $559 (+tax) for VJ and $605 (+tax) for a garden room at BJ, both AI for 7days. So....I said within a $100 but in fact it's within $50. Different flight times and airline though. We were actually debating the 9days to VJ which is at $789 (+tax)

Still not sure at this point which to choose...lol I'll be waiting for a few weeks still and watching pricing. At this point if I was to book right now, I'm leaning more towards BJ but that could change if CVJ drops in price and becomes a more substantial savings ove BJ. I'm certainly not affraid of the 3 1/2*. We've stayed at the 3* Villa Coral in Cayo Largo and liked it enough to return. If it wasn't for wanting to see Havana, we'd be returning to the VC. Spring will hopefully find us back on Cayo Largo.

Decision, decisions...lol

I'll keep you informed as to which we finally decide on.

Thanks again all.

ajax
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Choice between Breezes Jibacoa and Villas Jibacoa?

My husband and I stayed at Breezes Jibacoa last November, and are going back again this November. We noticed that the hotel next door was pretty run down. So if the price is very close I would choose Breezes. We had a wonderful time, and no complaints about anything. Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz del Norte