We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

Which Ngwe Saung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

Hello all

Still deciding on Ngapali again or Ngwe Saung instead.

Can anyone tell me if there are beach bars/places to eat on the beach and if so which hotels are near them?

As far as I can make out, the south end of the beach is lovely but a bit deserted whilst the north end of the beach has mainly expensive hotels but are nearer the village for eating out?

Lennox Head...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

If you decide to go to Ngwe Saung instead I would thoroughly recommend The Golden Guest as a beer station/restaurant. It is near the Silverview Hotel at the southern end (wouldn't recommend that hotel though)

We ate at the Golden Guest for lunch and dinner during our 2 night stay. The beers were cold and cheap and the food was absolutely delicious - The seafood BBQ was to die for!! And the staff were lovely. Lots of local coming and going. The restaurant was clean.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,861 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

I did a big survey at Ngapali when I was there last and added 6 beach restaurants as well as reviewing others and also added the map references.

As Ngwe Saung is not on my visit list I would hope anyone who visits there would add and review restaurants so as to build the information on TA and help future ttravellers.

SS

New York, New York...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

I was there one year a go. I'm strongly recommend the golden guest house as well (like #1), but there isn't much bar scene in the beach.. There are some good restaurants on the main street in parallel to the beach.

Edited: 4:48 am, May 30, 2013
Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

Beach Bar will be ... the Fisherman Bar in Bay of Bengal Resort, West point in the center of the Ngwe Saung Town.

Good restaurants ....

(1) Royal Flower with Entertainment Band at Dinner time. nice ambiance .. great service. great seafood @ the entrance of the town

(2) Shwe Myanmar Restaurant ... good for tourist group

(3) Sabae Phyu or Jasmine Phyu (one in town and one inside Silver beach Resort) ...good traditional seafood and especially salads

(4) Restaurant in Emerald Sea Resort ... at nighttime ...they lay some tables on the beach front and beach dinning are served .. I think reservation will be needed ahead if you are not in-house guests.

(5) Restaurant in Palm Beach resort ... very good European food with pool side bar... I think reservation will be needed ahead if you are not in-house guests.

5. Re: Beach bars in Ngwe Saung?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, January 07, 2015