We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noosa or Noosaville

Adelaide
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Noosa or Noosaville

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. We are undecided as to if we should stay in Noosa or Noosaville? Traveling with my husband in late October. Would like to be walking distance to good coffee and cafe/restaurants if we can.

Looking for an apartment for two for about 250 a night, doesn't need to be on the beach.

Would prefer something that isn't too kid friendly. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Personally we go for Noosaville. quieter, nice by the river, good restaurants on Gympie Terrace and around thomas St. Better priced than the overpriced ones on Hastings Street (noosa). Noosaville is only a short drive from Noosa and the beach. If you like parading down a shopping street and being 'seen' sipping coffee in overpriced cafes then head for Noosa.

Eummundi is just a short drive away so don't stay there, not sure there is a lot there other than the markets.

If you want to stay at the coast try Alexandra Headland or Mooloolaba or even Caloundra for a few days - all on the way back down to Brisbane. If you want inland try Monteville/Maleny, but again they are 'doable' in a day's drive.

Edited: 9:45 pm, July 04, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Hastings Street
Hastings Street
1,385 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
Noosa
Noosa
Mooloolaba
Mooloolaba
Caloundra
Caloundra
Brisbane
Brisbane
Brisbane Region, Australia
Maleny
Maleny
Noosaville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

I would agree that Noosa Heads is the place that you should stay as its so beautiful and less of a family destination and more for couples. I would stay in Hastings St and then access Noosaville and Sunshine beach, both lovely, close and very diferent. You can catch a ferry from Hastings St to the River at Noosaville and the Tewantin Harbour where there are lots of lovely restaurants to choose from! Eumundi is only 20 mins away so go there on market day Weds or Sat. The 4x4 trip to Fraser is a must there are lots of options for this trip so its up to you to chose the right one for you. Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
Fraser Island
Fraser Island
Fraser Coast, Australia
Noosaville...
Level Contributor
3 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

NB: The resorts in Quamby place and on Noosa Sound are usually more reasonably priced, have fantastic views and are within walking distance of Hastings St

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
450 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Personally .. Noosaville .. Gympie Terrace runs alongside the Noosa River. Was once a quiet area but in recent years has overtaken Hastings St (Noosa Heads) in terms of dining out variety and price. Also you are likely to get more for your accom dollar in Noosaville.

Mentioned in this post
Noosa River
Noosa River
504 Reviews
Noosaville, Australia
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
Noosa
Noosa
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
410 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

If it is within my budget, I'll stay in Noosa next time I visit.

Easy access to the beach, more shops and dining options; no need to drive around for a parking spot. We stayed in Noosaville and drove to Noosa Heads a couple of times for the beach/National park walk, etc. Parking was not that easy to find in Noosa.

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
16. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, November 07, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Noosaville
More Noosaville Topics