We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Adelaide
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Noosa or Noosaville

Hi guys,

Just a quick question. We are undecided as to if we should stay in Noosa or Noosaville? Traveling with my husband in late October. Would like to be walking distance to good coffee and cafe/restaurants if we can.

Looking for an apartment for two for about 250 a night, doesn't need to be on the beach.

Would prefer something that isn't too kid friendly. Any suggestions?

Surrey
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

If it's just for a few nights I would suggest Noosa. It' absolutely stunning. The walks through the National Park and the complete absence of high rise eyesores make it a great place to holiday . The restaurants are fantastic and it's really pretty. Mitti Street is a great location-just steps to the national Park peaceful and yet only a 10 minute walk to Hastings street along a boardwalk. There are a few units/apartments available to rent there that will come into your price range.

Noosaville is also nice but doesn't have the wow factor of Noosa. That's my opinion anyway.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,864 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

A vote Noosa - http://www.wotif.com/

Plenty of accommodation that suits your budget. Your outside schoolies and if you can stay midweek, you should get a better deal and there should be no problems with the rugrats : )

Safe travels - Robert

australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Noosaville is quieter and more suited to families. Personally, I prefer it as it isn't far to Noosa and all the restaurants, but you can sit by the river and watch the world go by.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

In addition to the above comments, Noosaville is connected by regular bus or ferry services along the river to Hastings Street. If you want busy, lively, bustling Tourist hubbub, then Noosa is for you. If you want to experience that for a few hours, but stay in a quieter area, with beautiful parks on the riverbanks, with tons of cafes etc, that is also only a 7 minute drive (if you have a car)from Hastings Street, then Noosaville is the one. You can also swim in the river's beautiful blue water.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Another vote for Noosa. I love being so close to sooo many fab restaurants & within walking distance to the beach.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Good advice above, it is very much a personal choice. Some feel it is best to be right in the middle of the action while others like the more relaxed feel of Noosaville.

How many nights will you be staying for?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

We have seven nights but thinking maybe five in Noosa or surrounds and 2 other nights in Eumundi...or somewhere else, open for suggestions...we will be flying out of Brisbane so even could be somewhere on route to Brisbane.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
12,864 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Hi bekstar,

I like Eumundi but I wouldn't recommend 2 nights there.

Depending on your budget have a think about driving fom Brisbane to Hervey Bay, spend 3 nights there. Do a 2 day trip to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay, or a trip to lady Elliot Island, then drive to Noosa for 4 nights.

issuu.com/fraserisland/docs/fraserallover…

http://www.ladyelliot.com.au/

Some other thoughts.

Safe travels - Robert

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

Eumundi is only 20 mins away from Noosa.I would stay the week in Noosa and use that as a base to visit the surrounding areas.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
364 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noosa or Noosaville

I'd suggest you take an overnight 4x4 tour to Fraser Island. The weather should be fantastic in October. Enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Noosaville
More Noosaville Topics