We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back

UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back

I dont see much on the Agios Sostis forum so felt I must post as have just come back from a lovely week (weather fantastic all week). What a lovely resort, peaceful, laid back and easy to walk to everything.

We stayed in the Lorenzo villas, best villa have every stayed in. Spotlessly clean, everything you need and the owners in the villa on site to help with anything, but not intrusive. One of my fondest memories will be the blue horizon where we had breakfast overlooking the sea every morning, we ate and just didnt want to leave, the view, the sea the little boats, watching people early morning on the beach. We crossed the bridge to the little island (is it called cameo island?), it is beautiful, climb up the steps and although you pay 8 euros, you get a free drink and can sit up there and look at the views of laganas and back to agios. We went to Kalamaki beach (next to the crystal hotel with the man selling fruit sandwhiches!) which was lovely and we drove to Tsvili, beautiful beach, but my favourite place was the "oh so pretty" Agios Sostis. Beautiful island, thumbs up for Zante.

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki Beach
Kalamaki Beach
2,518 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Zante
Zante
59 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
18 replies to this topic
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back

Glad you enjoyed yourself and thanks for the info.

Agios Sostis is one of the few places I've not visited....I'll definitely pop in for a look this year though.

Edited: 3:01 pm, June 06, 2011
Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back

love Aghios Sostis, it's everything you describe...love having lunch there and just gazing at the views.

Dublin
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back

Will be staying in Kalamaki - can we walk along the beach to Aghio Sostis.

Where can we get drinks and lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Dublin
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back

Can we walk from Kalamaki to Aghio Sostis on the beach. Where do you recommend for drinks and lunch when we get there.

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back

If you are coming from Kalamaki, Agios is the other side of Laganas. We couldnt have walked it, luckily, this time we had a hire car. The little road train will be running now though, that goes from Kalamaki to Agios and drops you off right at the beach front. Few yards from any of the restaurants. Most of the tavernas are along the beachfront in Agios Sostis. We loved "The Blue Horizon" tables overlooking the sea and a gentle cooling sea breeze. The owners are a lovely couple and the food is excellent, I loved the pork snitzel.If you go to Agios, dont forget to see Cameo Island, halfway between Laganas and Agios, walk across the little bridge to the island, up the steps to the top and see the views and take some fantastic photos. Beautiful place.

Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Laganas
Laganas
Zakynthos, Greece
Cameo island
Cameo island
660 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Great Missenden...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back

Thanks for the info, sounds a great place.

Wonder if you can help with something please? We have the choice of Lorenzo Villa 3 or Villa 4 in September and we are trying to work out which is which from the picture of the complex? Also does each villa have a washing machine - less to pack then!

Many thanks.

Julie

peterborough
Level Contributor
987 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back

So pleased you enjoyed it, we always go a couple of times when we are in Kalamaki, luch times in the little tavernas on the front are a real treat and so relaxing. My hubbie walks it, it is a long walk and part of the he had to paddle through the sea last year as the walkway had collapsed, I have walked it there and then got a taxi back, another option would be get the bus to Laganas and then walk from there..we do this a lot, best option though is to wave the walker off and then grab a taxi with friends :) that way you can all enjoy a glass of the delicious house rose with your lunch .

Edited: 8:31 am, August 14, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Kalamaki
Kalamaki
Zakynthos, Greece
Laganas
Laganas
Zakynthos, Greece
Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back

the walkway in Laganas has now been repaired so a bit more accessible for the walkers. I'm with Lyndylou...can taste that Rose...think we had better do it in Sept :)

Mentioned in this post
Laganas
Laganas
Zakynthos, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back

Hi Julie, so glad you chose Lorenzo villas, you wont regret it, perfect in every way. We had villa number 4, its the one in the middle of the three in a row facing outwards. Villa number 3 is on the left of it facing outwards. Villa 4 was fantastic, they are completely quiet at night and blackout blinds so you sleep until you want. There is a washing machine upstairs in the bathroom area and a place to hang clothes to dry on the balcony at the back as well as the pool area, the ironing board is upstairs on the landing area. There is a spotless fridge, easy cooker to negotiate. Full length mirror downstairs to check clothes.

Dressing table with hairdryer by the plug (no hunting for where to plug in), loads of wardrobe space. They have thought of everything, and spotlessly clean. I cant speak highly enough of these villas, we have been to a few in our time, these were the best. Anything else I can help with, just ask?

Great Missenden...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back

Thanks so much, definitely sounds like the place for us, it's great to have so much info! Just one more question if I may, did you happen to notice which villa had the most outside/poolside space. Villa 3 is the best for our dates, but villa 4 looks in the pictures as though it has a much bigger garden and also space by the right hand side (looking outwards). Want to be able to catch as much sun as poss before the dreary UK winter! Thanks.

Reply to: Just got back
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Agios Sostis