We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

we went in may 2011, and loved it. we have recently booked for 2 weeks in may next year, but recent reviews of Aquis are disturbingly negative. there is a definite trend!

Can anyone who has been there this year let me know what you think about the food? For example, have the lunches really changed to a 'light lunch'? is there less variety at lunch times and/or evening meals? does there seem to be less on offer in general, in comparison to previous years?

How have the afternoon teas been affected by changes at Aquis?

And lastly...i know this may seem insignificant, but is there still a variety of ice creams available throughout the day? my wife is ice-cream dependant.

thank you. any info or pictures would be wonderful.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

Are you going all inclusive? If not theres probably better food and better value in the village - you have to (try to) walk past Stevens on the Hill anyway...

Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

Thank you, but that kind of reply isn't very useful.

We go all inclusive because a holiday is a big expense for us, and we have to budget carefully for it. So once we've paid to go all inclusive we stay at the hotel.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,065 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

It seems a shame that once there you don't venture out of your hotel - there are plenty of things to see in Corfu.

Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

its not a shame to us. We aren't new to agios gordios. We've returned year after year. The town isnt what it used to be. it's much more affordable to stay all inclusive.

Now, if possible, advice about the Aquis only please!!

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

Does seem an absolute shame to stay in the hotel for whole of hol when there are so many lovely tavernas to visit and enjoy the greek experience. You may as well just find the cheapest AI anywhere as only diff would be possibly the weather!

In my experience if stay on a BB board, u only need a very lite lunch or even only a icecream or 2. You could even pack a load of nibbles/crisps in u suit case to save on cost.

Unless u r really huge drinkers/eaters [not u personally] dont think the cost would be to much more and a far superior experience.

Why return year after year if the town is not what it use to be??

Edited: 3:07 am, June 23, 2012
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

because the views are absolutely amazing, and we love the sound of the sea, and the temperature there. I stand by what I say about the main town itself.

I'm going to have to stop using this message board, because nobody answers direct questions!

northumbria
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

Why don't you pm the recent reviewees

Dumfries, United...
Level Contributor
515 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

My son and his g/f were there in May.They both said they ate well,and there was a very good variety of food.They were A/I and had the ice creams you mention.He is not on the forum,but if you have any questions you would like answered,I will do my best to get some answers for you.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

One of your previous posts.

Thank you! I worry about the food. Not the quality, but just how 'greek' it will be! I'm sure there will be the occasional greek themed nights, but I'm hoping that there is the opportunity of eating traditional Greek food every night , and not just generic cosmopolitan stuff.

You REALLY need to get out of the hotel to experiance Greek food.

Edited: 5:38 pm, June 25, 2012
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Returners concerned about food quality at Aquis Ag Gord

Mojo500 - a big thank you for offering real and specific help! I'll be in touch!

Ziggysboy, please don't reply if you aren't going to be helpful. I know you mean well, but we are experienced travellers, and you are stating the obvious.

Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios
Recent Conversations