We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Leek
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

Hi,

Planning to hire a car when staying at Aghios Gordios hotel in September. Can anyone recommend a reliable quality local car hire firm.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

We rented one from Sinarades Travel in the village (opposite Sebastians). Run by a husband and wife team, very helpful and pleasant.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

Or there is Rolandos by the bus stop.

http://www.rolandos-cars.com/

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Hi Kay

We're going to same hotel beginning of October.

We've reserved a car for the week, picking up from the airport, from -

http://www.corfucarrentals.com

The seem to have had good reviews on here, and also seem to have full cover with no excesses.

Hope you don't come back with any bad stories from the hotel, as there have been some not too great reviews lately.

Gerry

Edited: 10:14 am, August 27, 2011
Leek
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

Thanks for this. I'll check them out when we arrive. Was thinking of booking in advance but maybe better to wait till we get there.

Leek
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

Hi Gerry,

Got a quote from Corfu car rentals but they weren't too keen on the drop off at hotel bit. Their quote was more that others but then I am always suspicious of something that is too cheap. Bit wary of car hire companies that say no excess. Recently took out a car hire insurance policy so we don't pay excess if we have a problem. So maybe I might be a bit more daring with my choice of company!!

Agree with you about reviews of hotel. Some not good and also the posting about 50 wasp nests under the garage was a bit worrying! Think I'll def. need car hire so I can stay out of the hotel during the day!!

Enjoy your stay.

Kay

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

Got a car from Avis through rep, expensive-full insurance as promised by rep was anything but-promised a car less than 12 months old, how can you do 57000kms on Corfu in 12 months & wheels were out of balance. Don't use Avis but do hire a car to explore this beautiful (mainly) island.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
7. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios
Recent Conversations