We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prices

Which Agios Gordios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
prices

hi folks ,

can anyone give me any information on how the current financial situation in greece is effecting the cost while on holiday .

have prices of food and drinks gone through the roof , or are they about the same as they have always been ?

thanks and happy holidays :)

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prices

I'd like to know too-I'm going in August with my family & would like to have an idea of the costs of a meal/bottle of beer/carafe of house wine etc.

I'm staying at Villa Mary-how bad is the hill !!!!!!!!!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prices

Well 1st of all the hill is fine , going down, slog going up LOL The Taverna owners have tried to keep prices on hold but its tough. Try to eat Greek as opposed to English, that means order lots of starters and share a couple of mains, lamb chops are good!! Large beer 2.50-3.00 and a litre of local wine 7-12. Plenty of Tavernas are offering specials like a meze for 2 with wine for 12-16.

Edited: 5:16 pm, June 24, 2011
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prices

thanks for the info , always do eat greek , its one of the reasons i love to go ...the great food .

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prices

May I ask if 400 EUR is enough for a young person who will spend 7 nights there. I mean, 400 EUR only to spend for food, drinks and fun.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prices

Yes it can be done, just dont expect steak every night. Eat like the Greeks, order lots of Meze and share. You can pick up a Meze for 2 including wine for 14 Euros at lunch between 2 of you or have a Giros for 2 Euros.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prices

Steak's :)) Thank you! Of course, we are not traveling there to eat, but to enjoy the 7 nights. That includes food and drink.

What is a "meze"? You know, I'm asking because after reading some reviews about people who paid between 40 and 50 EUR for a lunch and some beers or a few glasses of greek wine, I was terrified!

We were never in Greece and that's why I'm asking.

You know, the spanish (Bilbao and Atl Madrid fans) we happy about the prices in Bucharest, now, at the UEFA Cup final. The beer had a low price, in their opinion. But for me, as a person who is living in Romania, paying 4 or 5 EUR for a beer is not a good deal.

That's why I was asking.

7. Re: prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios
Recent Conversations