We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

Kent
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

Hi,

Sorry to ask such a strange question, but we have not been to Greece before. Just been told about the sewage system out there.

Do they allow you to put toilet paper down the toilet at the Aquis hotel?

I find this all rather strange!

Thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

Hi there

99.9% of all toilets in Greece are "no paper" I'm afraid, the paper needs to be placed in the adjacent bin, which is emptied daily. Blame the Brits, we installed much of Greece's sewage systems with pipework too narrow to cope with paper waste. Don't be tempted to flush the paper - there's nothing worse than waking up at 8am and needing your wellies to go for a shower.....:0)

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

We stayed at the hotel recently, returning last week. Like every other hotel in Greece that I've visited they ask that you do not put paper in the toilet. Instead bins are provided. However, the public toilets in this hotel are all cleaned very regularly and the bins are emptied regularly, so regularly in fact that during our two week stay not once did I encounter an overflowing toilet paper bin - an experience I had encountered on ALL my previous trips to Greece!

My tip for staying in Greece is to take some scented nappy sacks or sanitary bags for use in your own hotel room bathroom toilet bin as that will only be emptied once per day and make sure family or friends staying with you are aware of the no flush paper rule as although its easy to think that the odd piece of paper here and there won't cause a blockage it more than likely will!

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

I was dreading this, but infact it wasn't an issue at all, not once did any loos have a bad oddor- the place is spotless- even although the hotel was full.

The bathrooms in the rooms are spotless and look brand new with good quality fittings- better than we had in a recent visit to a mcdonald 4*hotel

In fact he only 'bad' toilet we had was in the village Ag Mattheos where the cafe had no water in the toilet!!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

Glad to hear it all went well for you.

5. Re: Toilets at Aquis Agios Gordios Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, June 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Agios Gordios
Recent Conversations