We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,332 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

How far is this from Petalidi?

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

Polylimnio Falls are just under 20 ks from Petalidi. Main road to Messini, turn off towards Pylos at Rozomylas. At Kazarrma turn off to Charavgi.

Google Polylymnio Falls.

Mentioned in this post
Messini
Messini
Messenia Region, Greece
Charavgi
Charavgi
Messenia Region, Greece
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
10,787 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

The directions are as bridgnorthsnaps says, the left turn towards Pylos is a T junction at Rizomilos. The turn off for the falls are signposted at Kazarma, but at certain times of the year the sign is hidden by foliage! I will have to check sometime to see if it been cutback!

Another route, slightly longer, but I like the road, the villages & the views, is a few kms out of Petalidi turn left by the fig factory (It's bright orange!) to Paniperi, through Kalochori, to Mesapotamos. You then reach the Rizomilos-Pylos main road, turn right for a couple of kms to Kazarma.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

So - good spot to combine with a trip to Messini then. Perhaps I bring a jungle knife for that vegetation! Thanks.

Edited: 12:59 pm, February 05, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Messini
Messini
Messenia Region, Greece
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

I may be telling you something you already know, but here goes, Wear sensible shoes as it is clambering over rocks in places, also it is a steep walk back up to the car park. It was a bit too much for my old bones! The cantina at the car park was appreciated. Well worth the journey though. i have some photos if you are interested. Enjoy

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

Thanks for that, but yes we shall be in sturdy hiking boots! And our car is always a mobile cantina!! Our bones are also getting on a bit but they are going to be dragged up & down many a steep slope as we hike the gorges & hills. By the time we get to Polilimnio we should have been down the Vouraikos Gorge, along the Lousios Gorge & up the Viros Gorge, so they might be getting used to the toil!

Would love to see your pictures! PM me a link if you do not want to put it up on public show or PM me for my email address to forward them.

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

community.webshots.com/album/576650987gXTtvR

Here is a link to photos.

Tried to PM but failed

Beaumont, Texas USA
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

Beautiful photos, linosdekos -- thanks for sharing! I've had Polilimnio Falls on my list of things I want to see for several years, but have not made it there yet. You've given me more impetus to move it up a few places on my list!

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

Beautiful photos. Do you think it will be too hot to make it down to the falls in August? I'm not sure of the distance/steepness - but would love to give it a try.

Rach

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

It was very hot when we went, but there is plenty of shade and a cool spring half way down. Once you get there there are plenty of pools to cool off in. Of couse its a good idea to take bottled water which we bought from the cantini on the car park. The uphill trek on the return i found to be a bit challenging but that is due to me being past it. lol

You must go, not to be missed.

South Pole
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
15,332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Polilimnio - lakes & waterfalls

Thanks for the photos link. It does look lovely & inviting - we were recommended to go there & will deffo be on the list now!

Get answers to your questions about Petalidi