We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers with young grandson. Advice please?

Leeds
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
First timers with young grandson. Advice please?

We are planning a family holiday to the Myrtia in late September with our Grandson (he'll be 18 months) and his mum and Dad. I never took my daughter abroad at that age so this is a new experience!

Could anyone let me know if the Myrtia is okay for such a young child? Particularly thinking of pushing a buggy up the uneven path! Also is the weather generally okay in late September? I really need some sun! Two soaking wet holidays in the UK last year!

Many thanks!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers with young grandson. Advice please?

here is a topic about weather in September

tripadvisor.co.uk/…47770400

No idea about the Myrtia, someone will though, and it has great reviews. Just be aware that most of the island is not paved except in town - Where its flagstones and rock paving. You will feel it if you are driving junior around.

I did test a McLaren buggy to the point of destruction here, its a great piece of kit.

Toughest problem we had was on the aircraft, where you get some long faces when you take your seat with junior. However here the locals will make a big fuss of the little one wherever you go.

The beach at Koukounaries are ideal for Junior, and there are great shaded areas at the rear of the beach under the pine trees - so book it up and enjoy that family holiday together.

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers with young grandson. Advice please?

We went away with our g/son when he was 16 mths and as already said he was made a real fuss of. Flying is always a bit iffy trying to keep a toddler still. I think the air pressure upsets their ears especially on take off. DIL gave him a feed as the plane was taking off which helped (equivalent of us sucking a boiled sweet) and he slept for a good portion of the journey.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers with young grandson. Advice please?

Dear BethDLeeds,

I'm Dimitris from instylevillas.

I fully agree with Skiathos. It may be very crowded during the summer months but late September is the best period to have a great time on the island.

Sandy beaches, sun and peaceful are all over the island and you gonna have a great time with your grandson away from soaking wet holidays of UK.

BR

D.

4. Re: First timers with young grandson. Advice please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Koukounaries
Recent Conversations