We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Magda studios Koukounaries-few questions

Leeds
Level Contributor
511 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Booked Magda studios Koukounaries-few questions

We have finally booked 2 weeks here commencing 15th June. As we intend to hire a car are there any places we should not miss ie small villages etc.Any car rental places nearby?

Any bar/restaurant/trip recommendations would be very useful. I underdtand there is a regular bus going to Skiathos town- do you pay on the bus or get a ticket first etc.

Looking forward to our first visit to Skiathos!

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Magda studios Koukounaries-few questions

Hi Caz,

Regarding the bus, you pay the conductor on the bus, not the driver. Cost probably for next year will be 2 - 3 euro per person.

Most folk alight the bus at stop 4 when going into town of an evening, as you walk along a small road, then go down some steps and you then appear at the top of the main shopping area, Papadiamandis street.

There is a good restaurant called the Polycratis at the top of this shopping street, I can recommend it. Another favourite is the italian place behind the clock tower, called Primevera. Great pizza and huge portions.

If you fancy a night in Troulos, then Salt 'n Pepper and Varelli restaurants are very good. There is also a good bar at the Boudouriani for a drink or two if you are ever in Troulos.

As for the car hire, I've only ever hired a Quad from the folk at Victoria Hire in Troulos, although from memory there are a couple of car hire spots near Kouk.

I would seriously consider hiring a 4X4 then you can negotiate the dirt roads on the north of the island with ease, and visit Kastro, which is worth a look round.

Just be carefull of the taxis when driving on the main road, they have an automatic right to exceed the speed limit at all times and are masters of the art of gesticulation and light flashing if you are in their way. They all, also have an in-built ability to negotiate round blind bends at high speed! :)

Enjoy your visit, you will probably be back!

2. Re: Booked Magda studios Koukounaries-few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Koukounaries
Recent Conversations