We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what type of people go to Koukounaries

Peterborough...
9 posts
Save Topic
what type of people go to Koukounaries

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of the general age of holiday makers that go here, I have looked at beaches on utube and it looks very young with very load music. Really fancy trying the area but a little put off by this, any replies would be much welcomed.

Thanks

north east england
Level Contributor
95 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: what type of people go to Koukounaries

We visited Koukounaries at the end of June/ begining of July. Seemed to be mostly couples. Koukounaries beach seemed busier at weekends, but did not appear loud. Banana beach (big) is lively and trendy more for the young and young at heart. The afternoon we visited the D.J 's ! were playing chill out music. However there are many other beaches in Koukounaries area which are beautiful and quiet and well worth a visit. Agia Eleni ( our fav) ,nice Taverna. Also Mandraki, Elias, Hidden beach ,Skiathos palace hotel beach etc. Very nice restuarants and a few bars. Would recommend Koukounaries to all. We will be visiting again.

Edited: 9:38 am, August 09, 2011
athens
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what type of people go to Koukounaries

hi to all!

i was staying at koukounaries two years ago,so i know the place and people visiting the area really well!

mostly its for people who want to relax,not so to party.but if u go at the season from mid-july until end of august you ll see many young people from greece that stay at the area! at night time everybody goes at skiathos town so koukounaries r always in a chill mood!

for me its better to go in may cause the prices r lower and theres not so much noise at the beach,not so croweded.

the beach that has two beach bars and has loud music is banana,if u dont like it there r about five nice beaches walking distance

13. Re: what type of people go to Koukounaries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Koukounaries
Recent Conversations