We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 months to go.

Level Contributor
120 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
2 months to go.

Anybody flying from Gatwick on 28/7 and staying at Plaza Palace? Would be nice to meet up for a drink to get a heads up on the area etc and get to know a few people. From what I have read on this forum, Steve's bar sounds a good laugh.

Do you get a clear view of the sunset from Anaxos beach?

What time does the bar shut in the PP?

A couple if places I have been to in Greece the hotel bar shut by 6pm!!

Does anyone know what the night temps are for late July early August?

Apologies for all the questions!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 months to go.

Hi,

We going from Manchester on 21st July so no help there but can answer a few questions.The sunset view is at its best from the top of Anaxos Hill.You cant miss it at the furthest end of the beach on a clifftop/rock.(furthest being that you will prob go onto beach nearest accomodation and by seaside taverna...you then walk full length of beach..cant miss the big hill).There is a small apartment complex up there with a bar and pool.benches are dotted around the viewing area..get a drink and simply sit and wait..its spectacular.There isnt 1 single thing to obscure the view.You just see the sky, the sea and the sun arcing over and floating down intill it disappears on the horizon.We havent stayed at PP but go for a pre evening cocktail ..mmmm...and on returning later there have still been folk sitting around..I dont know the exact night temps but we have always had to use the aircon and sometimes put the sheets in a bag in the fridge to cool them...so pretty hot.Im getting so excited and marking the days on the calendar.We love Anaxos.I have previously posted that we now just relax but have in the past toured the wonderfull island so if you are hiring a car there is lots to see.Hope this helps and please ask questions the lovely people here on TA love to talk about Lesvos.Enjoy!!!xx

London
Level Contributor
603 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 months to go.

The bar at the Plaza Palace closes when the last person leaves!!!!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 months to go.

As already said above, Anaxos Hill will be a good place to see a sunset. But there is a taverna on the front called Sea View and there are good sunsets there. It was just getting ready to open up when we left last weekend.

The bar at the Plaza Palace will be open until fairly late. But if nobody is there then I am sure Vasilys will close it earlier. But if people are there and buying drinks I doubt he'd close too early. Wednesday nights will be a late night as that is the Greek Night for PP.

Cocktails in happy hour at PP (5pm - 9pm) are 3 euros and very nice ;-)

As for Steve's bar, we steered clear. Not into drinking in a bar with loud music etc when on holidays. And when it gets late the doors/windows get closed I think and then it can be very smokey.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 months to go.

Anaxos Hill , my favourite view in the world , let alone on the island !

Night temperatures will be very warm, you will appreciate the breeze from up on the hill watching that sun go down.............

Windermere
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 months to go.

Hi folks

Good to hear the continued good news regarding Anaxos. To rtj70 in particular....how are things there relating to exchange rates....use of large denomination euro notes....prices of meals in the tavernas there....perhaps most importantly how are the locals coping with the dreadful situation that is the Greek economy?

Any pointers to the above questions will be very greatfully received, in fact any reporting on how things are....

With thanks again in anticipation.....MrM99

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 months to go.

Hi danandju

Steves bar is a place for chilling out and the music varies on the clientel in both volume and genre. He plays what's requested from the old rock and roll classics through to more modern stuff but the most popular while I was there in late May early June last year was leaning towards heavy rock and Steves personal fave is Led Zep. Never really saw it smokey because doors to beer garden at the rear were always open . Though I can see the place wont appeal to everyone, I loved it .

Level Contributor
120 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 months to go.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Steve's bar is definitely my cup of tea. Anaxos sounds like a really nice and chilled out place. Looks like we made a good decision.

Bristol, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 months to go.

Another good bar is Tortuga bar in Petra. Opens at 8pm and it has happy hour prices on cocktails from 8 till 1am (4 euros).

It stays open till the morning and they usually have a dj in there. Very good air conditioning so no smokeness or hotness :)

I tend to spend every night there when i go to Petra because of the friendly staff and the good prices.

Gosport, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 months to go.

Hi we are flying to Anaxos on 28/7 staying at Haris just few mins walk from p p. we have been to Anaxos for last 4 years. You will love it , 11 of us going this year introducing the family to its delights. Will be very hot and at night prices good. Places to go Omega rest main Rd great food Alison and Costas r great also good place to hire car from . Steve's bar for pre or post meal drinks. We r only back a month then back again in September for a walking holiday. I can't wait. Trip to Molyvos for an evening recommended bus goes there. Hope u have a wonderful time I know we will

Sandy and Dave

Ludlow, United...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 months to go.

And when you land in anaxos say a big yassas from lefteris from a small freeman and say we are coming next year poly kala

Get answers to your questions about Anaxos