We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

Hi Does anyone know if you can walk from Analipsi to Hersonissos and to Gouves and if so how long also is there a pathway to get to either one of these? Many thanks

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,490 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

It's an easy walk to Gouves along the promenade then the beach, then round the corner on to the Amirandes hotel beach and on to western Gouves. There is a road along the front then all the way through central and east Gouves to the former USAF base at Gournes. You can go further than that, more or less all the way to Kokkini Hani. It's probably less than an hour to the small chapel in Gouves, another 45 minutes to the coastline near the aquarium.

Going the other way I've never tried any further than Anissaras. There are loads of small roads of course, but I don't think you can get round the headland where the coastline suddenly turns south if you are by the sea.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

Thank you for your reply. We like to get out and about early morning for a walk when its not to hot. Do you know if we can get a bus back from Gouves?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,490 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

Yes, walk up to the old highway, about 10-15 minutes walk from the sea depending on where you end up. Buses are every 15 minutes or so. Any bus will take you back to Analipsi.

Whereabouts are you staying?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

We are staying at Stella Palace, reviews are good so should be really nice, going in August,not been to Crete before.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,490 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

Stella Palace is at the western end of Analipsi, and it's only about a mile from there to the start of Gouves, and about 1.5 miles to the chapel on the front.

When you come back I think you will need to get off at bus stop 16 or 17.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

I wouldn't recommend.We stranded at a very nice big resort starting our walk Analipsi beach to find after hours of walking there's no way following the coast line near Chersonisos without risking a sunstroke. The public bus takes a route higher up so better have a drink and call a taxi for the last bit. If it wasn't for a concerned Greek local guy who was as awesome to drive us all the way to the Chersonisos City public busstop I wouldnt know what would have happened... We almost finished our bottles of water, already spent our cash on Frappe stops at Cafes along the walk and no way of using the plastic card. Please let this be a warning and a big THANK YOU to the guy that saved us silly ladies !!!

7. Re: Analipsi to Hersonissos and Gouves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, July 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Analipsi