We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather & atmosphere in june

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather & atmosphere in june

Hello,

I am staying at the Skiathos Premier for the 1st 2 weeks in June (cant wait!!)

Im just wondering if anyone knows what the temperatures will be like (day & night) and if i will need a cardigan or jacket for the evenings?

Also will the island be busy this time of year? I am in my early 20's and travelling with my boyfirend so we would like there to be abit of an atmospehere (not rowdy parties or anything like that though!)

And finally, would anyone recommend hiring a jeep for a few days? we like exploring and having flexibility so i thought maybe it would be a good idea. I have had a quote from "the first rent a car" in skiathos for 225 or 245 euros depending on which type, this is for a full week's hire. does this sound reasonable, and also, is it needed? We want to visit some of the beaches on the top of the island.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

Hi Laura, we always go beginning of June. Its always worrying telling people its going to be amazing weather, as none of us can tell and at the end of May last year they had rain. But, over the last few years we have had wonderful sunshine. Just the right temperature - low to mid-30's although it can rise and be very hot. Its a lovely time of year. The island isnt packed, but its busy with regular visitors who love visiting before the school holidays start. Everything is open, its not rowdy - Skiathos is never that. But there is a wonderful atmosphere, especially in Skiathos Town - great tavernas and bars.

We always hire a jeep for the entire holiday and use Victoria Car Rentals. skiathosinfo.com/places/victoria-hire-cars/. Email: vicpap@otenet.gr

We paid €420 for two weeks last year so the quotes you are getting are reasonable. You need preferably a jeep to explore the north side of the island where the best beaches are (in my opinion!) and the views are amazing.

You will find lots of useful information on this TA Board and also take a look at http://iqeal.com//skiathos/ - a great Board run by people living on the island.

Enjoy Skiathos.

Edited: 6:55 am, January 08, 2013
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

Laura, it will be a perfect time! This is why we have chosen the last 2 weeks in June this year :)

As we are "young" oldies we'll not be looking for the same type of holiday as you. However, my son & his girlfriend, about your age,have been in June for The last 3 years & loved it. Last year, they were fortunate enough to visit a second time in August. They found it far too busy & struggled for sunbeds on their favourite beach (Mandraki, Elias) on a couple of occasions.

They hired a jeep in June for 3 days 99€ (special price) & then hired it again in week 2 for around 120€

Plenty will say that you don't need a car but I like the flexibility. To date we've travelled a large group so arranged car hire in the uk for the full time.

As for needing a jacket/caridigan, my theory is always if you take one you won't need it & if you don't you will!!

Whatever, you will adore Skiathos.

Tre

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

Hi Laura

I agree with the replies made already. We have been to Skiathos on two previous occasions in June and are returning this year again during the month of June. Prior to 2011 we never hired a car but since then we do as it is a great way of seeing the island and visiting other beaches. I always pack a cardigan and a small coat just in case because as previously mentioned you never know how the weather is going to turn out but for the most part it has been warm and sunny when we have been there. You will definitely fall in love with the island. Enjoy

wigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

Hi Laura. If you turn right out of the Premiere and walk down the road for 5 mins you,ll come to Christakis bar. We always end up in there at the end of the night as we usually stay in Troulos. Even if there,s no live music or anything going on it,s a great place for a nightcap or two. Lovely staff and Chris is a great guy. Wherever you end up on the island just chill out and enjoy,

Tim and Sue.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

I am rather nesh and both times visited, all be it a few years ago, I did need a lightweight jacket/cardi when sat out side with my cocktail!

Can't wait to take hub there and explore the island this time rather than lay on a sun bed all day!!

Enjoy

Level Contributor
74 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

Thanks for all the great replies everyone! Youv'e all made me even more excited to go now!! 5 months eeeek!

I think we will go for the Jeep option for 1 week out of the 2 so we can go exploring and no be tied down to bus times etc, i have been brought up exploring on holidays!

tirumasu, thanks for the bar recommendation, i am sure we will end up in there for a good few nights!

By the sounds of it we have picked a good time to go to suit us, we don't like it to be too busy.. i hate fighting for a sun bed! Also we don't like to be too warm in the evening so thats good :) (we are used to going to portugal which drops quite cool in the evening)

TheHappening, thanks for the recommendation of your son's favourite beach, i will make sure to pay a visit there.

Thanks again everyone!! :)

Laura

7. Re: Weather & atmosphere in june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations