We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Troulos Restaurant

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
664 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Troulos Restaurant

Noticed new reviews for restaurants in skiathos town but not many being posted for Troulos restaurants.Anybody just returned please make my day.My husband says I'm sad ,kids say I'm a stalker ,but I think I'm just looking forward to my hols.

Thanks Sally

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Me too. Can't wait for Sept!

My son has mentioned a restaurant in Achladies (Oliveland - with spectacular views) - Is there a place to grab a taxi in Troulos or would it be a case of flagging one down at the roadside?

Thanks

Rach

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Get the bus,it's far cheaper and very easy! Ratatouille, villa Rosa, Troulos Bay hotel and surise taverna are all lovely. A lot of people seem to like salt and pepper but personally I think it is more expensive and the food is no better than the others.

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Love traditional Greek food!

I've got a bottle of ouzo left from last year - might go and have one in the garden now and dream of hols!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Hiya Rach64

You won`t be able to use Bus to get to Oliveland Taverna as it`s set up a hill, so best to get Taxi all the way

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Hi,

Troulos Bay Hotel, sat outside looking out onto the beach and Villa Rosa our 2 fav's.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Troulos Restaurant

It's the whole dining experience with Salt n'Pepper, worth the extra couple of euro without a doubt. At all the other restaurants in Troulos you get a bread roll, at S &P you get several small different type breads, and Olive oil instead of butter to dip. You also get complimentary bottled water and extremely knowledgeble and helpfull staff. The wine list is excellent too. It's more up market.

Varelli, under the Skiathos Premiere is also very good, although I've yet to try Ratatouille as AuntieDiddy mentioned.

If you need a taxi, just flag one down, or you could ask the hotel to ring one for you, although if you do ring, you will pay from where the taxi sets off to come and get you. If you do flag one down, you can always ask the price before you get in.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Varelli, & villa Rosa were our Favourite last year although didn't really have a bad meal in 2 weeks. Just 2 weeks until we are there again :)

Lyn

north east england
Level Contributor
95 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Troulos Restaurant

We stayed in Troulos last September. Ratatoullie is very good., best in troulos. I recommend the spicy feta and the Moussaka ( one of the best we have ever had, and we have had a few). Portions are huge. Saw people having the mixed grill, it was enormous.

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Troulos Restaurant

My vote, on last year's experience, would go to Varelli for great food and a lovely welcome. My "nil points" would go to Ambrosia and Nectar for the opposite experience. The food was just average, but the service from the glum waiter was atrocious. There were only another two tables occupied and when he eventually got round to taking my order he just said "yes?" then snatched the menu away. He then came back and just as glumly asked "bread?" When I asked for Retsina they had none. I was so annoyed at the whole experience that, rather than leave no tip at all, which he might have thought meant that I had forgotten, I just left 50 cents, which I hope he took as the gesture it was meant to be!

Bob

wigan
Level Contributor
809 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Troulos Restaurant

Hi Bob. Suprised at Ambrosia and Nectar. We,ve been a few times and found it the complete opposite of your review. However, we didn,t go last year as we did 4 trips to Salt and Pepper. Think Aand N will be avoided unless someone can tell us they,ve turned it round.

Tim

Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations