We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when does the busy season end

Which Troulos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
when does the busy season end

The italians come in to Skiathos Around July time and the place gets really busy when in August do they leave,

We couldnt get a hire car or anything last time we were there and they are quite full up in the restuatants etc .

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when does the busy season end

Last week in August!

We have usually gone the last 2 weeks of August and its very busy but as the end of the month approaches you can see it getting quieter,thats why we have booked for 1st 2 weeks of september this year!

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when does the busy season end

I'm going 25th August to 8th sep. I like it a bit quieter and normally go may or sep to Greek islands, but this period at the time of booking was cheaper! Will it be progressively less busy from arrival to departure, and are all restaurants etc still open x

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when does the busy season end

The first Italians arrived this morning, and we are very pleased they are here helping out the local economy. The island exodus starts on August 15th, you should be able to get a hire car anywhere, if you book ahead, but if you leave it to the last minute - then no ...

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when does the busy season end

Hi its the last week in sept. when everywhere starts closing down and by the 2nd week of oct,its virtually closed,i'm looking forward to going 1st 2 weeks of Sept.

whitby
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when does the busy season end

The season really is incredibly short on the island. It makes me wonder how you all survive. When we were there in May it was so quiet (which we loved) but June - September is not a very long time to make much money. I hope that it is a really busy season for you all.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,544 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when does the busy season end

I think Marion is a little confused she has posted two replies with different answers. The last flight out is October 8th - so yes by mid October its very quiet

The island exodus starts on August 15th, as the Greeks and Italians depart. September is mainly the Brits and Scandinavian tourists. Sales are on in the shops, and many businesses close up from mid September, and do not stay open past the end of September.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: when does the busy season end

Hi I wasn't confused!! We went on the 30th Sept last year and most places had or were closing down,especially down the island and the beach tavernas.

Certainly wouldn't go that late again

Marion

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when does the busy season end

CONTINUING MY LAST POST- i agree with SL that is does get less busy the later in August you go as we have usually gone the last 2 weeks of august for that reason. Having now retired i can now go when i want !!!! so going in september because I'm hoping it will be slightly cooler and less crowded,also staying in town to avoid the busy bus!!!!

Marion

9. Re: when does the busy season end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations