We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tavernas in Troulos

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tavernas in Troulos

We are travelling to Troulos next July. We love eating out and were just wondering what the selection of tavernas, bars, and places to eat and drink are like?

Any recomendations?

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Hi Wilsons13. We went to Troulos this June for the first time and loved it. There are plenty of restaurants & tavernas we had good meals in all the ones we tried but our favourite meals were at Viila Rosa were we eat twice and Virali which we only went to on our last night so if we had been before we would certanally had gone back. Where are you staying? Christakis is a great sports bar if you want ANY sport Christos is your man, Byzantuim had live music so did Christakis on several nights just look for the black board outside. As I said we had lots of good meals just go and try as many as you can.

Enjoy

Lyn

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Its Taverna Varelli and very good it is too :)

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Sorry for the incorrect spelling!!

Edited: 5:14 pm, September 11, 2011
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Ratatouille is very good but they are all good really. Christakis is good for a drink afterwards but it is a pretty quiet place, I am sure you will love it though. We have been twice and I would definitely go again!

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Varelli and Salt n' Pepper are the best two in Troulos, followed by Ambrosia & Nectar, although I haven't been to them all yet.

As AuntyDiddy says, they are all pretty good, I've never had a bad meal in Skiathos.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

We ate in several restaurants/ tavernas. Our favourite was Salt and Pepper probably followed by Ambrosia and Nectar (lot of steps but stunning view) Others were similar in quality. The staff in all were friendly and efficient. Captain Nikos is a great character although the food wasnt the best the atmosphere made up for it. Christakis sports bar had the best quality and value ' full english' at 6 Euros we didnt eat there in the evenings but drank there and watched lots of sport.

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

I'm glad that you enjoyed Ambrosia and Nectar. My experience was quite different. In spite of the fact that there were only two other tables occupied when I arrived, the service was atrocious. The glum waiter made no attempt to make me feel welcome, spoke in single words - ie only said "Yes?" when he came for my order, then snatched the menu away from me. Then asked "Bread?" The food was OK but nothing special and they had no Retsina! I was so disappointed by the service that, rather than leave no tip, which he might have thought was a lapse of memory, I just left 50 cents - the first time I have ever had to do this in fifteen years of visiting Greece. Every other restaurant I visited this year was great - Infinity Blue, Varellis (twice), Green Park, Avli and Lynhari, but I won't be rushing back to Ambrosia and Nectar.

Bob

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

I must admit Bob, when we were in Ambrosia and Nectar in June, the service was not as good as it had been in previous years. We tend to eat quite late, and we felt a tad "rushed". Mind you, there was no sign of the usual hostess, I think they call her Aspa, on the night we went. Food was still good though.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Latest news - Syritaki will not open in 2012 ...

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tavernas in Troulos

Is Syritaki owned by locals?

Get answers to your questions about Troulos
Recent Conversations