We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money for 2 weeks

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Spending money for 2 weeks

My family, me, hubbie & 2 kids 12 & 9 going Alykanas in May SC for 2 weeks. I have been told by another traveller they spent £1200 in a week. Is this about right? Apparently it is really expensive. Would appreciate feedback as need to start saving!!!

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

Thank you for the accuracy!!! Lol. Sounds like you had a lovely time - cant wait!

12. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, February 07, 2014
Edited: 5:05 pm, February 07, 2014
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

You can make it as cheap or expensive as you want too! There are so many options. Don't worry at all its fairly cheap out there.

For Mythos beer you're looking at about €2 - €2.50 in bars and restaurants and for soft drinks around the same or less. Buying bottles of water from the supermarket is about €2 to €3 for 6 large bottles (last season).

Produce from the super markets is also cheap, and fresh if you want to make your own lunch. IF you need anymore help or advice let me know, I've been going to the island for a few years now, so happy to help!

Have a great time.

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

Thanks so much

Level Contributor
123 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

That's what I like to see... Another Essex family going!! Hope you have a lovely time :)

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

I hope we do too. No white stilettos though!!! Lol

worcester uk
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

Mike O I was the traveller mentioned in the post and we did not push the boat out at all we got through £1200 breakfast out and evening meal out and a few drinks for a family of 2 adults and a13yr old and a 9yr old we did 2 trips as the weather was so poor and a greek night and that was it just a few euros left out of £1200 we found the resort to be a rip off the prices being charged so wont be returning to Zante again

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

There's enough return visitors that would disagree with your comment " rip off the prices being charged ". We've travelled all over the world, even Guardalavaca !!! Don't think Alykanas is more expensive than the next place. From what I've read the weather wasn't too good, had a run in with the Russians and you've taken it out on the resort. Cant imagine how you managed to get through 200 Euros a day.

Edited: 4:58 pm, May 29, 2014
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

You can easily spend 200 euros a day if your drinking imported UK beers and drinks like Magners , Corona, Budwieser as they can cost up to 5 euros a time. But if you stick with local beers such a Mythos, Alfa of Fix. I prefer Alfa as its not as gassy as Mythos.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks

We went in May this year and took 900 euros and came back with 200. we had breakfast and dinner out every night and drinks It hasn't gone up in the last 3 years.

Get answers to your questions about Alykanas