We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire cost please?

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire cost please?

Hi, we're staying at Danny's in June for 2 weeks, first time in Zante & wondered how much car hire is please. Thomas Cook are quoting about £500 for 2 weeks in a smallish car. Nearly the cost of the holiday itself.. We would like a small jeep or similar, any help would be fab! Cheers

Cullompton, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Car hire cost please?

€35 a day so the top end of what I thought, hopefully Giant will be a little cheaper (they're normally very good replying to email so I'm sure you'll hear soon).

Does seem that the prices are a little bit higher this year, I'm paying €2/3 a day more than I expected to but it's not the end of the world!

Using Euroalfa myself incidentally, not used them before but they come highly recommended.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
230 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car hire cost please?

Try the Alykes-Rent-A-Car, email alykesrentals@gmail.com. We have booked a car 5-12 May for 20Euros per day, fully inclusive for a brand new 1100cc car, but this was a special offer. I think now the offer is off and is 25Euros per day. They are very obliging and email a reply straight back. They also deliver to the airport or your hotel. The chaps name is Maroudas Nikos. Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Alykes
Alykes
Zakynthos, Greece
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Car hire cost please?

Thanks MistyMax, I've just had an email from Giant who have also quoted €490 for a brand new one, which is around €35 per day as Mike said, sounds more expensive when it's the total, so because we really like the Jimny, iI think we'll just have one for 5 days in the middle.

Forum is great for asking questions , so that's been really helpful, thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Cullompton, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car hire cost please?

Not used Alykes-Rent-A-Car before, thought I'd give them a try because we've still not organised end of holiday transport (first week's car booked but undecided what to do for the rest of the time). Emailed them earlier and they got back really quickly. However.

€48 a day for a Jimny (for a week in July)!

Won't be booking.

Mentioned in this post
Alykes
Alykes
Zakynthos, Greece
15. Re: Car hire cost please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas