We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

Which Alykanas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

Hi there. I'm hoping that someone on here can help me . My daughter has just loaded a Caxton pre paid visa card with euros for her forthcoming trip to Laganas and now she's a bit worried. Her friend went to get a travel card from Thomas Cook the other day and was advised not to get one becuase of the economy in Greece. Will she be able to draw money out from an ATM? Any advise gratefully received. Thankyou.

Sue

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

These tour operators need a talking to. What were they suggesting she did take...a bag full of cash!

If the card is valid for ATM's then there are several in Laganas so there shouldn't be a problem.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

Thankyou for the reply, Phew, that's reassuring,on don do you know if they charge to make a withdrawal? Caxton don't charge a fee but I've been reading that several of the Greek banks charge, is that correct? Also do you know what the daily limit if for a withdrawal? If they do charge then she might be better getting a large amount out at a time.

Kind regards

Sue

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

We use a standard debit card and have not been charged to actually use a machine anywhere in zante. We do pay our own bank charges but they're minimal and we just withdraw to the daily limit set by our bank. If there was a charge then hopefully that would come up ahead of any money being drawn, much like the ATM's here in petrol stations, pubs etc. Not heard of Caxton so can't comment but it must be in their t's & c's how much can be withdrawn each day.

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

Ok thankyou for the reply. :-)

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

A.T.M.'s are fine, why ??? Is Greece now an alien nation since the appalling British press coverage of their financial troubles a couple of months ago. I ask you how could the B.B.C. show footage of a deserted Kalamaki beach at 6.30 a.m. as they did on breakfast news then and ask where all the holidaymakers are, beggars belief to me. Greece and it's beautiful islands is open for business as usual at this time of the year as it always is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 12:09 pm, July 17, 2012
6. Re: Can you still use ATM machines in Laganas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas
Recent Conversations