We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Options

Which Alykanas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockton
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gluten Free Options

Hi there i am travelling to Alykanas in august and my two children have coeliac disease which means they need a gluten free diet are the restaurants in Alykanas accomodating for this type of thing

all info would be very much appreciated

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,027 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Options

There was a similar thread on this subject last year and hopefully there are some tips which you can use on this link

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g659629-i12179-k…

Alykes, Greece
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Options

Hi there

We have many people visit with special diet requests and dietry needs.

If you give us prior notice (1 day is all I usually need) I will cater for you.

I need to know what you can and cant eat, then I will offer some suggestions.

The food at The Cosy Corner is cooked fresh so we often cater for these types of circumstance.

If you join our website you can give me all the relevant information there and I will be prepared for your arrival.

www.shortieweb.com

I hope this helps

Shortie

Alykes, Greece
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Options

Hi there

We have many people visit with special diet requests and dietry needs.

If you give us prior notice (1 day is all I usually need) I will cater for you.

I need to know what you can and cant eat, then I will offer some suggestions.

The food at The Cosy Corner is cooked fresh so we often cater for these types of circumstance.

If you join our website you can give me all the relevant information there and I will be prepared for your arrival.

www.shortieweb.com

I hope this helps

Shortie

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free Options

They may not know Coeliac but if you explain what they can and can't eat they will always try their best to help you with your meals no matter what restaurant you choose to eat in, nothing is to much trouble for the local greek business owners i've found.

As for Gluten free food in shops i explained to a member a few weeks back that your best bet for this is the Eurospar on the edge of Zakynthos town.

Stockton
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten Free Options

Many thanks to all that have posted you are a great help

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten Free Options

I have never had any problems. So much of the food is simple, grilled meats and fish, salad. I was in Derbyshire last weekend, everything had flour in it, but it's not like that in Greece, they don't use flour as a staple in the same way.

7. Re: Gluten Free Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas
Recent Conversations