We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Dennis festival

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
St Dennis festival

We’re due to arrive on 22nd August. I’m sure that’s the day before StDennis festival starts , we would like to go through to this on probably the Friday or Saturday . Would rather go with an organised tour company , would we still be able to book when we arrive or would we need to book before hand ? Many thanks

3 replies to this topic
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,268 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: St Dennis festival

Head for town on the 24th this is the main day when the parade takes place. Doubt if you'll find any organised trips into town for this main festival of the year on the island as a great deal of the locals want to be there. You may well be able to catch a local bus heading down early afternoon but it will be a taxi back (25 euros) . You will have to wait until the roads in and around the central area re-open to find a taxi. I would hire your own transport and park on the outskirts of town. Here's a post of mine from a few years ago:- https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189…

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: St Dennis festival

Thanks for that Mondeo 1 , I’m not keen in driving , now thinking of maybe going through during the day & staying over , away to look at accommodation

Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: St Dennis festival

Is there another festival at the end of July in alykanas.

Reply to: St Dennis festival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas